GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 18:43:11 +0100
Joe:

  Another hustler?

  LJDarbo

samateh saikou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  The Daily Observer (Banjul)

Posted to the web 10 July 2007

Alhagie Jobe

President Yahya Jammeh, the Gambian leader continues to receive more
felicitations following his breakthrough in the cure for HIV/AIDS in the
Gambia.In a letter addressed to President Jammeh, Pa Momodou Senghore, a
Gambian in Oslo, Norway said: "I am here once again your beloved brother in
Islam and blood. I am in The Gambia on holidays. We have heard of your
unprecedented breakthrough in providing a cure for the enemy
disease-HIV/AIDS.

My only wonder is why HIV/AIDS has always been attributed to our race and
continent. Non-Africans would like to portray Sub-Saharan Africa to be the
region in Africa where morals are so low as to deserve being labelled the
worst affected area when it comes to deadly disease and senseless wars.

The whole world is aware of the fact that Sub-Saharan Africa is not in the
forefront when it comes to fornication and other immoral behaviours better
suited to spreading this deadly pandemic. The disease does not distinguish
between black and white neither does it between Africa and Europe.

I believe if a white man claimed to have made a breakthrough in finding a
cure for this pandemic, no one in the world over would doubt it much more
dare to question him in such an unprofessional way as some so-called Western
Journalists shamelessly question the ability of our young and gifted
president to cure AIDS. No amount of jealousy and criticism can stop this
doctor of doctors from doing what he is doing. It is a gift from God. You
deserve the nobel price for medicine for the simple reason that you have
succeeded where the rest of the world have miserably failed. Westerners must
learn to trust our local healers and the herbs we knew before the advent of
imported western drugs.

It is well understood that due to strict family rules, you could not have
started curing before the age of 41. Now that you have passed that age, you
are fully mandated to practice your God-given knowledge to save mankind and
Sub-Saharan Africans as it were.
I beg to remind your Excellency about what I wrote in one of my letters to
you. Be steadfast and never mind the detractor. The Almighty Allah is your
protector. When I saw you on television in your white dress, standing on
your green mat with the Holy Quran in front of you, chanting Allahu-Akbar,
all I wanted at that moment was to join you in prayers.

Every patriotic Gambian is firmly behind you. You are the pride of not only
the Gambia but the entire black race. I want to use this opportunity to
congratulate you on the awards you received from the Royal Center for
Alternative Medicine in Dublin, Ireland and other organisations in
recognition of your efforts towards human development.

I do not think there will ever be a moment in my life when I will doubt your
ability in whatever you do or say. My family and I are very proud of Your
Excellency and we pray that the Almighty Allah grants us long life and good
health to witness the fulfilment of our dreams for our beloved motherland,
The Gambia".

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい