GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:37:54 -0600
Hi folks,

I would like all of us to excercise some restraint in our postings.  Following
a request from Dr. Saja Taal to be subscribed to Gambia-L, I saw no fewer that
2 postings that bodered on, or were personal attacks on him.  This is rather
unfortunate, especially in light of recent postings about embarking on a course
of reconciliation and constructive debate and dialog on Gambia-L.  I mean what
exactly is a "stupid" e-mail address, and who cares whether or not an e-mail
address is stupid?

May I also take the opportunity to inform Dr. Taal that Gambia-L managers do
not act on subscription requests sent to the list.  This is for nothing other
than to discourage people from doing it.  It adds nothing to the debate to
request that you be subscribed to the list, and also wastes disk storage space.
 For this reason, I would advice you to re-send your request for subscription
to [log in to unmask] One of the managers will pick it up, and put
you on.

Have a great week, and best wishes.

Katim