GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:24:23 -0400
Culled From The Point.

If OJ is being drag to court for allegations by an APRC supporter against an
OJ supporter ,then several APRC leaders should be drag to court for
attacking alliance rallies and supporters. AS a matter of fact,APRC thugs
are attempting to disrupt all opposition rallies and attacking their
supporters. A PDOIS rally was almost disrupted the other day.

Beran

OJ To Appear In Court Today

Reports reaching The Point Newspaper speak of the Police dragging Amadou
Omar Jollow, alias OJ, to court today (Monday) on the charge that his
supporters allegedly assaulted one Salka Faal recently in Ebo Town.
According to the reports,

Ms. Salka Faal filed a complaint against OJ's supporters that she was
allegedly assaulted by the former agriculture minister's followers while
they were on their way to attend a political rally in Ebo Town. An insider
at the Kairaba Police Station confirmed that the case was indeed reported to
their station but denied having any knowledge of the case.

"I heard about the case, but I cannot give you any details. If you want any
information please liaise with our OC," said the police insider. All efforts
to reach the officer commanding were without success, as he was said to be
out of his office. Speaking to The Point on his mobile phone, OJ confirmed
that he was going to court today. "One lady wants to complained and lied
against my supporters,'

OJ told The Point. The former agriculture minister accused the Jammeh
Administration of trying to use tricks to ban him from participating in the
forthcoming parliamentary elections. "I am going to court on Monday. They
are trying to apply the trick they used in 1994 in other to ban me from
contesting elections," OJ told The Point.