GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:28:21 EDT
Sigga thanks for your astute observations.  I am glad that you have used your god given ability to think to deduce that this atrocity obviously has the undisputable markings of government support.

Deep in the archives of the Gambia_L, is a posting where I warned about the dangers that these vigilante groups such as Sinchola groups and APRC youth wings posed to the average Gambian citizen.  I knew that it would lead to incidents like this.  In fact, my post  used the atrocities that were comitted by the Interhamwe vigilante groups in Rwanda as an example of what happens when these groups are allowed to flourish in any country.  So it comes as no surprise to me that Ousainou Darboe and George Christanssen were attacked.  And, believe me, tthis is not the last time this will happen.

This is a just the latest vicious callous act perpetrated and sanctioned by the top dog in The Gambia.