GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:26:23 EST
In a message dated 11/29/99 10:05:57 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< No hard feelings brother, "tribal" issues doesn't suit us! we are one.

 Yahya >>
***************************
l second this motion. Some of the issues raised by Saul have no bearing on
the subject raised by Alpha, and  the allegations of tribalism, and even
comapring it to racism  does nothing but to cause animosity between groups.
It is this sort of thing that has resulted in all the horrible internal
conflicts we have witnessed recently in Africa. l say we try to promote
harmony  within the different groups in our country, and  try to forge ahead
as Gambians, as opposed to tribes. The outcome will not be a good thing for
The Gambia or for those who are trying to fan the fires of discord. We as a
people are very intelligent, and l believe we can all decipher facts from
fiction, as well as what is in our best interest as a nation. Let us
concentrate on that. Anything else bears only ill omen. Peace, harmony and
positivism please.That is the only way we can come up with creative plans  to
meet  the needs of all Gambians, period. History has shown us that politics
based on tribalism is futile, and shows the distorted agenda, lack of vision
and dis-service to any nation by those who propose it  or  encourage it in
any form.Let us move on to more intelligent things.

Jabou Joh.