GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngai Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:13:03 -0500
This just echoes what I wrote [ "my take of the 2001 elections"] the day
after the elections---Yahya and his cohorts are on a man hunt and will try
to brutalise all those that openly supported the Alliance---it ain't over
yet..we just have to pray for the best..This guy is a psycho period!!

As for Tombong, I am so disgusted with him--If you knew Tombong during high
school, it would be hard to believe that it's the same Tombong we are
dealing with---He has totally changed--FOR what? Totally beyond my
comprehension......I do not even take him seriously anymore---his garbage
will be treated as such---TRASH CAN. Yeah that's write, delete and get to
the next one.

Ngai.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:20:37 -0500, Yahya Darboe <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Eventhough the election has been conducted and a winner has been declared
>in Gambia, the agents of APRC (both security and private individuals) have
>been and continue to rick havoc on opposition supporters throughout the
>country.  Specifically, Dr. Manneh (former minister) has been picked up and
>severely beaten by these agents, human rights advocate Mr. Sillah has been
>picked up by same agents.  Opposition supporter in the kombos, Jarra,
>tumana, e.t.c. are being assauted and verbally abbused.
>
>An opposition supporter's compound was burnt down in Jarra Soma.  That
>idiotic chief in that area ordered the action in the presence of the police
>and they did not do a thing about it.  Another opposition supporter in
>Tumana had his cattle poisoned as repo
>rted earlier by Karamba Touray.  Both
>Mr. Waa Juwara and Mr. Shingle Nyassi's compounds and family members are
>being threatened by the APRC thugs.  Where it not for private security in
>their place of residence, the families would have been harmed and their
>properties would have been destroyed.
>
>The UDP leadership has tried and is still trying to get the authorities to
>make a stop to such violence before the country is emmersed in chaos to no
>avail.
>
>I think we (Gambians abroad)mneed to make sure the international community
>is aware of these things.  These just go to show that Yahya Jammeh will
>never change his irrational tendencies.  We need to start the letter
>writting campaigns that have proven so effective.
>
>Tombong need to stop his lying and for once be truthful.  Is he still not
>so secure in his position that he needs to still pedal lies on behalf of
>this regime?
>
>-YND

This