GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:44:55 GMT
Mr. Conteh,

I find your response very fitting. There is some truth to what Sillah is
saying, but he's really undermining his credibility by buying into this UDP
as a tribal party Bull Shit. You're talking about a party that brings
together Waa Juwara, Pesseh Njie, Femi Peters/Mrs Denton, and Mr. Baldeh in
one Executive Committee. How the hell can anyone call that party
exclusionary, or ethnic based? It's people like this Momodou Sillah -or
whatever the hell his name is, who are helping Yaya Jammeh. Such thinking
merely plays into the autocrat's hands. I have my own reservations about the
UDP, but this baseless tribalist crap thrown against them really gets to me.
I'm glad you exposed this guy for what he really is!

Saul.