GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 01:56:14 +0100
Assalaamu alaikum G-L,
Alhamdullilah, Thanks very much for keeping the list get going with some
interesting discussions which I hope we can all learn something out of it,
by using our common senses to analyse things very carefully,and not by
pride.
Because pride is part of >Satan the enemy of mankind,the evil.

As prophet Jusus one day departed from Jeruselem,and went to the desert
beyond Jordan:and his disciples that were seated round him said to Jesus:`O
master, tell us how Satan fell through pride, for we have understand he
always tempteth man to do evil.`

Jesus answered:`God having created a mass of earth, and having left it for
twenty-five thousand years without doing aught else; Satan, who was as it
were priest and head of the angels,by the great understanding that he
possessed, knew that God of that mass of earth was to take one hundred and
fourty four thousand signed with the mark of prophecy, and the messenger he
had created sixty thousand years before aught else.
Therefore,being indignant,he instigated the angels, saying: "Look ye,one day
God shall will that this earth be revered by us. Wherefore consider that we
are spirit,and it is not fitting so to do."

`Many therefore forsook God. Whereupon said God,one day when all the angels
were assembled:
"Let each one that holds me for his Lord straightway do reverence to this
earth."

`They that loved God bowed themselves,but Satan,with them that were of his
mind,said:"O Lord,we are spirit,and therefore it is not just that we should
do reverence to this clay."
Having said this,Satan became horrid and of fearsome look, and his followers
became hideous:because for their rebellion God took away from them the
beauty wherewith he had endued them in creating them. Whereat the holy
angels, when,lifting their heads,they saw how terrible a monster Satan had
become,and his followers,cast down their face to earth in fear.

`Then said Satan: "O Lord,thou hast unjustly made me hideous,but I am
content thereat,because I desire to annul all that thou shalt do. And the
other devils said:
"Call him not Lord, O Lucifer,for thou art Lord."

`Then said God to the followers of Satan: "Repent ye,
and reconize me as God,your creator."

`They answer: `We repent of having done thee any reverence,for that thou art
not just; but Satan is  just an innocent,and he is our lord."

This said God: "Depart from me, O ye cursed,for I have no mercy on you."

`And in his departing Satan spat upon that mass of earth, and that spittle
the angle Gabriel lifted up with some earth,so that therefore now man has
the navel in his belly.`

The disciples stood in great amazement at the rebellion of the angels.

Then said Jesus: `Verily I say unto you,that he who maketh not prayer is
more wicked than Satan,and shall suffer greater torments. Because Satan
had,before his fall,no example of fearing,nor did God so much as send him
any prophet to invite him to repentance:but man-now that all the prophets
are come axcept the messenger of God who shall come after me,because so God
willeth,and that I may prepare his way-and man,I say albeit he have infinite
examples of the justice of God,liveth cerelessly without any fear,as though
there were no God.
Even as of such spake the prophet David:
"The fool hath said in his heart,there is no God.
Therefore are they corrupt and become abominable, without one of them doing
good."

`Make prayer unceasingly, O my disciples,in order that ye may receive. For
he who seeketh findeth,and he who knocketh to him it is opened, and he who
asketh receiveth. And in your prayer do not look too much speaking,for God
looketh on the heart;as he said through Solomon: "O my servant, give me
thine heart." Verily I say unto you,as God liveth, the hypocrites make much
prayer in every part of the city in order to be seen and held for saints by
the multitude: but their heart is full of wickedness,and therefore they do
not mean that which they ask.

It is needful that thou mean thy prayer if thou wilt that God receive it.
Now tell me: who would go to speak to the Roman governor or to Herod,exept
he first have made up his mind to whom he is going, and what he is going to
do? Assuredly none. And if man doeth so in order to speak with me,what ought
man to do in order to speak with God,and ask of him mercy for his sins,while
thanking him for all that he hath given him?

`Verily I say unto you, that very few true prayer,and therefore Satan hath
power over them,because God willeth not those who honour with their lips:
who in the temple ask (with) their lips for mercy,and their heart crieth out
for justice.
Even as he saith to Isaiah the prophet, saying:
" Take away this people that is irksome to me,because with their lips they
honour me,but their hearts is far from me." Verily I say unto you,that he
that goeth to make prayer without consideration mocketh God.

`Now who would go to speak to Herod with his back towards him,and before him
speak well of pilate the governor,whom he hateth to the death?
Assuredly none. Yet no less doth the man who goeth to make  prayer and
prepareth not himself. He turneth turn his back to God and his face to
Satan, and speaketh well of him. For in his heart is the love of
iniquity,whereof he hath not repented.

`If one,having injured thee,should strike thee a blow,how wouldest thou
forgive him? Even so shall God have mercy on those who with their lips say:
"Lord,have mercy on us," and with their heart love iniquity and think on
fresh sins.`

The disciples wept at the words of Jesus and besought him,saying:
`Lord,teach us to make prayer.

Jesus answered:`Consider what ye would do if the Roman governor seized you
to make prayer. And let your worlds be these: "O Lord our God,hallowed be
thy holy name,thy kindom come in us,thy will be done always,and as it is
done in heaven so be it done in earth;give us the bread for every day,and
forgive us our sins,as we forgive them that sin against us,and suffer us not
to fall into temptations,but deliver us from evil,for thou art alone our
God,to whom pertaineth glory and honour for ever.`

Then answered John: `Master,let us wash ourselves as God commanded by
Moses.`

Jesus said: `Think ye that I am come to destroy the law and the prophets?
Verily I say unto you ,as God liveth,I am not come to destroy it,but rather
to observe it. For ever prophet hath observed the law of God and all that
God by the other prophets hath spoken. As God liveth,in whose presence my
soul standeth, no one that breaketh one least precept can be pleasing to
God,but shall be least in the kindom of God,for he shall have no part three.
Moreover I say unto you,that one syllable of the law of God cannot be broken
without the gravest sin. But I do you to wit that is necessary to observe
that which God saith by Isaiah the prophet,with these words:
"Wash you and be clean, take away your thoughts from mine eyes."
`Virily I say unto ,that all the water of the sea will not wash him who with
his heart loveth iniquities. And futhermore I say unto you, that no one will
make prayer to God if he be not washed, but will burden his soul with sin
like to idolatry.
`Blleive me,in sooth,that if man should make prayer to God as is fitting,he
would obtain all that he should ask. Remember Moses the servant of God,who
with his prayer scourged Egypt, opened the Red sea,and
there drowned Pharaoh and his host. Rember Joshua,who made the sun stand
still, Samuel,who smote with fear the innumerable host of the Philistines,
Elijah,who made the fire to rain from heaven, Elisha raised a dead man,and
so many other holy prophets,who by prayer obtained all that they asked. But
those men truly did not seek their own in their matters, but sought only God
and his honour.`

Then said John: `Well hast thou spoken, O master,but we lack to know how man
sinned through pride.`

Jesus answer: `When God had expelled Satan,and the angel Gabriel had
purified that mass of earth whereon Satan spat, God created everything that
liveth,both of the animals that fly and of them that walk and swim,and he
adorned the world with all that it hath. One day Satan approached unto the
gates of paradise,and,seeing the horses eating grass, he announced to them
if that mass of earth should receive a soul there would be for them grievous
labour;and that therefore it would be to their advantage to trample that
piece of earth in such wise that it should be no more good for anything.
The horese aroused themselves and impetuously set themselves to run over
that piece of earth which lay among lilies and roses. Whereupon God gave
spirit to that unclean portion of earth upon which lay the spittle of
Satan,which Gabriel had taken up from the mass:
and raised up the dog,who,barking,filled the horses with fear,and they fled.
Then god gave his soul to man, while all the  holy angels sang: "Blessed be
thy holy name,O God our Lord."

`Adam,having sprung up upon his feet,saw in the air a writing that shone
like the sun,which said:
"There is only one God,and Mohammad is the messenger of God." where upon
Adam opened his mouth and said: "I thank thee, O Lord my God,that thou hasth
deigned to creat me;but tell me. I pray thee,what meaneth the message of
these words:
"Mohammad is messenger of God." Have there been other men before me?"

Then said God: "Be thou welcome,O my servant Adam. I tell thee that thou art
the first man whom I have created. And he whom thou hast seen (mentioned) is
thy son,who shall come into the world many  years hence,and shall be my
messenger,for whom I have created all things; who shall give light to the
world when he shall come;whose sould was set in a celestail splendour sixty
thousand years before I made anything."
`Adam besought God, saying: "Lord,grant me this writing upon the nails of
the fingers of my hands."
Then God gave to the first man upon his thumbs that writing; upon the
thumb-nail of the right hand it said:
"There is only one God," and upon the thumb-nail of the left it said:
"Mohammad is messenger of God."
Then with fatherly affecttion the first man kissed those words,and rubbed
his eyes,and said: "Blessed be that day when thou shalt come to the world."

`Seeing the man alone,God said: "It is not well that he should remain
alone." Wherefore he made him to sleep,and took a rib from near his
heart,filling the place with flesh. Of that rib made he Eve,and gave
her to Adam for his wife.He set the twain of them as lords of Paradise,to
whom he said: "Behold I give unto you every fruit to eat,except the apples
and the corn" whereof he said: "beware that in no wise ye eat of these
fruits,for ye shall become unclean, insomuch that I shall not suffer you to
remain here,but shall drive you forth,and ye shall suffer great miseries."

`When Satan had knowledge of this he became mad with indignation. And so he
drew near to the gate of paradise, whereat stood on guard a horrid
serpent,which had legs like a camel,and the nails of his feet cut like a
razor on every side. To him said the enemy: "Suffer me to enter into
paradise."

"The serpent answer: "And how shall I suffer thee to enter, God having
commanded me to drive thee out?"

`Satan answer: "Thou seest how much God loveth thee,since he hath set thee
outside of paradise to keep guard over a lump of clay, which is man.
Wherefore,if thou bring me into paradise I will make thee so terrible that
every one shall flee thee,and so at thy pleasure thou shalt go and stay."

`Then said the serpent: "And how shall I set thee within?"

`Said Satan. "Thou art great;therefore open thy mouth,and I will enter into
thy belly,and so thou entering into paradise shalt place me near to those
two lumps of clay that are newly walking upon the earth."

`Then the serpent did so,and placed Satan near to Eve, for Adam,her
husband,was sleeping. Satan presented himself before the woman like a
beauteous angel,and said to her: "Wherefore eat ye not of those apples and
of corn?"

`Eve answered: "Our God hath said to us that eating thereof we shall be
unclean,and therefore he will drive us from paradise."

`Satan answered: "He saith not the truth. Thou must know that God is wicked
and envious, and therefore he brooketh no equals,but keepth every one for a
slave. And so he hath thus spoken unto you,in order that ye may not become
equal to him. But if thou and thy companion do according to my counsel, ye
shall eat of those fruits even as of the others, and ye shall not remain
subject to others,but like God ye shall know good and evil,and ye shall do
that which ye please,because ye shall be equal to God."

`Then Eve took and ate of those (fruits),and when her husband awoke she told
all that Satan had said;and he took of them, his wife offering them,and did
eat.
Whereupon,as the food was going down,he remembered the words of
God;wherefore,wishing to stop the fruits,he put his hand into his
throat,where every man has the mark.

`Then both of them knew that they were naked: wherefore, being ashamed,they
took fig leaves and made a clothing for their secret parts.
When midday was passed,behold God appeared to them,and called
Adam,saying:"Adam,where art thou?"

`He answered: "Lord,I did hide myself from thy presence because I and my
wife are naked,and so we are ashamed to present ourselves before thee."

`Then said God: "And who hath robbed you of your innocence, unless ye have
eaten the fruit by reason of which ye are unclean,and will not be able to
abide longer in paradise?"

`Adam answered: "O Lord,the wife whom thou hast given me besought me to
eat,and so I have eaten thereof."
Then`said God to the woman: "Wherefore gavest thou such food to thy
husband?"
`Eve answered: "Satan deceived me,and so I did eat."

`Then said God to Adam: "Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy
wife and hast eaten the fruit,cursed be the earth in thy works;it shall
bring forth for thee brambles and thorns, and in the sweat of thy face shalt
thou eat bread. And remember that thou art earth, and to earth,shalt thou
return."

Ànd he spake to Eve,saying: "And thou who didst hearken to Satan,and gavest
the food to thy husband, shalt abide under the dominion of man,who shall
keep thee as a slave, and thou shalt bear children with travail."
`And having called the serpent,God called the angel Michael,him who holdeth
the sword of God, (and) said: "First drive forth from paradise this wicked
serpent,and when outside cut off his legs: for if he shall wish to walk,he
must trail his body upon the earth."Afterwards God called Satan, who came
laughing,and he said to him: "Because thou, reprobate, hast deceived these
and hast made them to became unclean,I will that every uncleanness of them
and of all their children,whereof they shall be truly penitent and shall
serve me,in going forth from their body shall enter through thy mouth,and so
shalt thou be satiated with ancleanness."

`Satan then gave a horrible roar,and said: "Since thou willest to make me
ever worse,I yet will make me that which I shall be able!"

`Then said God: "Depart, cursed one,from my presence!" Then Satan
departed:whereupon God said to Adam (and) Eve, who were both weeping: "Go ye
forth from paradise,and do penance,and let not your hope fail,for I will
send your son in such wise that your seed shall lift the dominion of Satan
from off the human race: for he who shall come,my messenger,to him will I
give all things."

`God hid himself,and the angel Michael drove them forth from paradise.
Whereupon Adam,turning him round,saw written above the gate, "There is only
one God,and Mohammad is messenger of God."
Whereupon,weeping,he said: "May it be pleasing to God,O my son,that thou
come quickly and draw us out of misery."

`And thus,`said Jesus,`sinned Satan and Adam through pride,the one by
despising man,the other by wishing to make himself equal with God."
Then the disciples wept after this discourse,and Jesus was weeping,when they
saw many who came to find him,for the cheifs of the priests took counsel
among themselves to catch him in his talk. Wherefore they sent the Levites
and some of the scribes to question him,saying: `Who art thou?"
Jesus confessed,and said: the truth: I am not the Messiah.`
They said: `Art thou Elijah or Jeremiah,or any of the ancient prophet?`
Jesus answered: `No`
Then said they: `` Who art thou? Say,in order that we may give testimony to
those who sent us.`
Then said Jesus: I am a voice that crieth through all Judaea,and
criet:"Prepare ye the way for the messenger of the Lord," even as it is
writtten in Esaiah.`
They said: `If thou be not the Messiah nor Elijah,or any prophet,wherefore
dost thou preach new doctrine,and make thyself of more account than the
Messiah?`

Jesus answered: `The miracles which God worketh by my hands show that I
speak that which God willeth;nor indeed do I make myself to be accounted as
him of whom ye speak.
For I am not worthy to unloose the ties of the hosen or the latchets of the
shoes of the messenger of God whom ye call "Messiah,"who was made before
me,and shall come after me,and shall bring the words of truth,so that his
faith shall have no end.`
And  having said this,Jesus departed and went to the mount Tabor,and there
ascened with him Peter and James and John his brother,with him who writeth
this.

This is from the Gospel of Barnabas,the hidden bible,
but the TRUTH connot be hide.
All what Jesus was preaching was Islam,and the coming of our Prophet
Muhammad (may the blessing of Allah be on him). For sixty-six centuries now,
the TRUTH has been hidden.

Allah sendt many messengers to the Humans as a mercy from Him.
Allah sent them all to teach the people what is the correct and acceptable
worship of Allah--their Creator and the Creator of everything. All the
prophets of Allah,the first of whom was Adam and the last of whom is
Muhammad,(pbuh) came with one Religion Islam,one creed the belief in the
Oneness of Allah.

That`s why Allah said: "Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessing on the
Prophet,
O ye who believe! Ask blessing on him and salute him with a worthy
Salutation."
This is the TRUTH it cannot be hide,No one can hide the TRUTH we got to let
it Goooooo!!!!!!

Allah said in the Holy Quràn: "Surely,it is Allah who is the great
sustainer,the Lord of power,the strong".

The role of man is passive. Allah is the only agent of all forms of Creation
and no other agent has Created Him.

"O people We will show you our signs within the Universe and then within
your own minds. So that you will know clearly with any shadow of douth that
Hach is Allah! He is the ultimate reality and you will find the ultimate
reality."

`O Allah! we ask You to make us thankful for Your favour,to be of good
service to You, and grant us a sound heart and a truthful tongue.
We ask You to grant us,what You know to be good and to give us refuge from
what is evil, and to forgive us, and You are the knower of the Unseen.

`O Allah! Inspire us with good conduct and save us from the evil of our
selfishness.
Clear us in Your present of ascribing partners to You and of infidelity and
pray unto Your Sincerely to obtain Your answer and render obedience to Your
hoping for
Your reward.....Ameen!!!!!

Allahumma salli alaa saidina Muhammadin wa alaa alli
Muhammadin.

Samba Goddard
(Pulo)