GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:09:36 EST

Amazing, touching and inspiring.
People who have never gotten involved in the political process getting
inspired.
It is something wonderful to see.
Check out the clips.
Enjoy

_http://my.barackobama.com/organize_
(http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/f91879b3ab5a2698/lvBh2a/VEsE/)

In a message dated 1/25/2008 2:01:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

In less than 24 hours, voters in South Carolina will head to the polls.
Before they do, I wanted to show you a bit about what kind of campaign  we're
running here.
When Michelle and I talked about my running for president, one of the core
goals we both had for this campaign was to leave the political process better
off than we found it.
Here in South Carolina, a state with a history of some pretty divisive
politics, ordinary people have challenged conventional thinking about the  process
and built a statewide organization based on local community organizing  and
neighbor-to-neighbor contacts.
Our supporters -- men and women of all ages, races, religions, and
backgrounds -- have come together around the idea that we are one people,  invested in
each other and in our common future.
We've put together a few videos that will give you a sense of what we've
built here -- please take a look:
_http://my.barackobama.com/organize_
(http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/f91879b3ab5a2698/lvBh2a/VEsE/)
In communities across this state, people who have never been involved in
politics before -- or who had given up on what they saw as a broken system --
have built something special.
No matter what the outcome tomorrow, our work here will have a lasting
impact on those communities and on the Democratic Party for a long time to  come.
We're seeing the same story play out across the country as grassroots
supporters in 22 states prepare to cast their votes or turn out to caucus on
February 5th.
Remember that tomorrow night, after the votes are in from South Carolina,
the playing field will expand dramatically as races in those states come into
full focus.
There will be a lot happening, and the intensity will be ratcheted up.
But the spirit of the grassroots organizing we have done here -- of  ordinary
people taking back the political process -- will be apparent in  thousands of
communities across the country.
I believe more strongly than ever that this movement for change can do more
than just win an election. Together, we can transform this country.
Thank you for being part of this,
Barack

48)

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい