GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:04:46 EST
Pierre,

You seem to be emerging as a man who is really an AFPRC supporter but trying
to straddel the fence intermittantly. Now you see it, now you don't. Of course
you are free to support whoever you want to support, but please be honest
about it.On the other hand, your actions mirror the lack of courage manifested by
those on whose behalf you are speaking.

Coup d'etats are not a measure of courage brother, just like robbing someone
while pointing a gun at them is not a sign of the Robber's courage. Like the
Robber, the coupist can either get lucky and get away with it, or they can get
killed or caught by the police. In this case, unfortunately, these guys got
lucky and every single passing day  with every single act of violence or  human
rights abuse mainfests this to the Gambian people.
Real soldiers with real courage do not exercise their courage by attacking or
harming the civilians they are supposed to be defending. Even if these guys
had the guts to plot and pull off a coup, they have become the worse cowards
our country has ever witnessed. They are cowards with guns who have taken our
people hostage, and worse still, they are power hungry and money hungry cowards.
They know well that the guns they are waving, the fear they impart on the
innocent public and the money they amass by running our country as their own
private enterprise and the favours they buy with it from the gullible amongst us
are the only things that are keeping them in place. Please do not waste your
time trying to convince us about things that areabundantly too clear for us
already.

Jabou Joh