GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:00:00 -0400
Hello, all, let's just drag out a little bit more dirty laundry while
we're at it (and for whoever this applies to) and right before
Ramadan, too.

I don't even remember what precipitated this discussion anyway?
Meaning, what caused Yero to make the accusations that he made?  And
then to post them onto forums where the accused was not subscribed, as
if to say, "oh look at what Haruna did to me", asking for some
sympathy, and he knew he'd get it too, because he knows perhaps that
some people on the said forum where Haruna claims to not be present
(though the owner/moderator of said forum claims otherwise) don't much
care for Haruna, and also because Haruna would presumably not be there
to defend himself.

Someone mentioned that these accusations (Against Haruna) were not
only posted on Gambia-l, Gambia Post but on other online Gambian
forums as well, where, presumably, Haruna is not present there either?

I don't know what Haruna did, or did not, do, what he supposedly said
or didn't say.  And I don't much care, but spreading around dirty
laundry, and then proceed to wish everyone a happy ramadan (backbiting
/ gossip anyone?) just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I don't know what started this discussion, admittedly, I don't follow
much of the email lists I'm subscribed to these days, and I only read
a post when the subject line catches my attention, or I happen to take
a cursory look through my inbox to make sure that I've not neglected
to respond to an important email.

So I don't know what led up to this, and to be honest I don't care.
But don't we have more important business to attend to?  And Haruna if
Yero is supposedly a thief, etc., would it not have been wise to check
this out before pledging any money to him?  (If that's what did indeed
happen?)

And I see the tribalism bomb has been utilized again, yep, when
someone makes you angry, or you're having some sorta beef/problem with
someone, the go-to epithet of choice it seems is, wait for it,
"tribalism".  When all else fails, just use the word "tribalism", and
you're bound to get some sympathy from at least some quarters.

Gosh, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I get into another
online tussle with someone (which I'd really like to avoid).  And oh,
yeah, "racism" can be used in place of "tribalism", if "tribalism"
doesn't fit in a particular instance.  Examples would be "racism",
"sexism", "ableism", you get the picture, any kind of word along those
lines to dirty up your opponent in others' eyes without you actually
having to do the actual dirty work of "proving" why the person you're
having a disagreement with is actually the awful person you're
claiming them to be.

But I'm digressing, as always... Pheew!  I'm going to find some
chocolate...  And some men would say that it's only women that are
petty.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at:  http://www.ginnysthoughts.com

If you want to V-Me (call me) click here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/quickgm32

If you are a Vonage customer you can set up your V-Me service by clicking here:
https://v-me.vonage.com/