GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Amadu Pembo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:50:39 +0000
PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SALLALLAAHO ALAIHI WA SALLAM)’S LAST SERMON

This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H in the
Uranah Valley of mount Arafat

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this
year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am
saying to you carefully and take these words to those who could not be
present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so
regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the
goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one
may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will
indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (Interest),
therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that
he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of
following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women,
but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them
belongs the right to  be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women
well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers.
And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you
do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship Allah, say your five daily
prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in
Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the
brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over
other except by piety and good action.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So
beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be
born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I
convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the
Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to
others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those
who listen to me direcly. Be my witness oh Allah that I have conveyed your
message to your people."

******************************END********************************
With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
Da’wah is to convey the message with wisdom and with good words. We should
give the noble and positive message of Islam. We should try to emphasize
more commonalities and explain the difference without getting into
theological arguments and without claiming the superiority of one position
over the other. There is a great interest among the people to know about
Islam and we should do our best to give the right message.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous
Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May
Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .
We ask Allaah the Most High, the All-Powerful, to teach us that which will
benefit us, and to benefit us by that which we learn. May Allaah Subhanahu
Wa Ta'ala grant blessings and peace to our Prophet Muhammad and his family
and
companions..Amen.