GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:01:57 EDT
Hasanatou:
I think I do remember meeting Mr. Jallow a long time ago and on face value, I
do not think anything stood out as being negative about him.  Unfortunately,
when he worked with my mother, I was long gone but surely when one considers
his intellectual prowess, he probably filled his position to the best of his
abilities.

I strongly believe that both Hamjatta and yourself are good people.  From the
little I know of Hamjatta, all Gambians should be proud of his achievements.
He is certainly one of my favorite thinkers on the L and I have learned much
from his innumerable contributions.  Hamjatta, like many of us, is on the
righteous quest to rid Gambia of the moron of Kanilai and his inept and rag
tag motley crew of social misfits.  I believe this is why he took your uncle,
Mr. Jallow, to task for working for/with the APRC.

As for you, Hasanatou, I know some of your family personally.  Ous, Omar and
Sal are some of my best friends and there have been countless occasions when
I came to their rescue and vice versa.  I also happen to remember you from
visiting Omar at your house way back then.  You were quite young then.
Nevertheless, I am glad that you have advanced yourself to this point.

In short, both of you are very good people with much to offer.  Please use
your great writing skills help rid us of this terrible tragedy which will
forever be an indelible negative mark in the history of our great country.
Sure, continue to debate, and avoid  bringing up personal family troubles
into this.  All this does, is to hurt and anger those involved.

I stand corrected if wrong.