GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Francis Glynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:03:52 +0100
Mr Jassey-Conteh

We only know each other only from what we write, though you do have some advantage over me by looking at the 200 page site I have built about the Gambia, aimed at promoting tourism to your country and more than that, to encourage tourists to mix with the local people for the benefit of their economy, not my personal profit.

As I am approaching retirement age, I might be flattered to be referred to as 'a young guy - extending his portfolio', sadly you are as far off track on this as the rest of your presumptions about me or GTS, we are not the people you think we are and do your own reputation much damage by making false accusations.

Destroying investment and development in a country is a political means of destroying a government, which I conclude you are intent on doing - but that is another matter.

If you represent the majority of G-list members, I must apologise for stumbling into something as alien to me as racism in its more traditional format.

You do me a grave dis-service Muhammad and one day you will realise it and I hope be as forthcoming and vocal with an apology.

Your comments are groundless, your motives are at best political, your writing is with passion but would be better if it had a factual basis and was aimed at your enemies, rather than your friends.

Francis