GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:08:16 -0400
Here we go again. Playing victim again. The analogy I gave about Tombong is
quite apt. You accuse me of wanting to scavenge (get a government job) after
Yaya is gone. You accuse me of the same despicable behavior Tombong
subjected Jawara to. You question my motives for speaking out against the
Dictatorship and narrowed down those motives to a desire to gain power. I
quoted that analogy to show you that you are very far from the truth. I am
not a loser that will jump on a perceived common 'enemy' just because I need
a government job. I gave you Tombong's example because he lived in the
States and you also told us that you know the man.

Again, the debate is not about personalities like you and me today. It is
about our children that were slaughtered in broad daylight by the government
you support. Events today, show that the Massacre was avoidable. Yaya need
not have ordered his security forces to open fire on defenseless children as
young as three. This is not just a Tragedy as you like to call it in order
to equate it with an accident. This is a heinous and a premeditated CRIME.
The worst crime in the book. Yaya is keeping people in jail (Dumo et al)
because Yaya in his little brain believes that these people want to kill
him. I do not hear you advocating for these citizens that were falsely
accused to be released. I do not hear you talking about other criminals be
released from jail and allowed to get away with their crimes with impunity.

Only thing I hear is that the perpetrators of the most heinous crime in the
book (massacre of 14 defenseless children) be left alone to commit more
crimes. Your justification: we want reconciliation. If you want to reconcile
with the Gambian citizens, why do you continue to persecute the children
that were involved in the Massacre but were fortunate enough not to lose
their lives? If you genuinely want reconciliation, why did you deny Ebrima
Barry's family the justice the children were fighting for when they were
brutally slaughtered by Yaya's security forces?

We see through your crocodile tears. We know both you and Yaya are lying
when you pretend to sympathize with the victims and their families. The laws
of the country state that murderers get punished for their crimes. It does
NOT say cold-blooded murder be treated like an accident and the perpetrators
left to go scot-free because we want reconciliation. As shown yesterday,
Yaya is as guilty as sin. He has to face justice. He is NOT above the law.
Call these views 'extremist' if you want. What you cannot say is that I am
trying to hoodwink people not to apply the laws of the land. What you and
Yaya are doing, is more extremist in my book. You are taking Gambians to the
edge. To perpetuate Yaya, you would not even hesitate to murder children as
young as three. That is extreme. A very high price to pay for a vision-less
moron that cannot move our country forward.
KB