GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:54:49 -0500
Comrades:

On behalf of the Touray family of Berending, Kombo East, Bolong Njie and family of Brikama,
the Dahaba Family of Faraba Banta, and the entire Kombo East, it is with deep sadness
that I announce the death of  Hon. Kebba Touray, MP for Kombo East Constituency.
Hon. Touray died from Kidney complications.

Though we shared different political views, Mr. Touray was related to me.  In fact, we
attended Faraba Banta Primary School together.  When I left the Gambia for studies, Mr.
Touray gave me an accounting book and a shirt.  I guess he predicted what I was going
to study.  After many years in the US, I still have these gifts.

May Mr. Touray's soul rest in perfect peace.  As we say in Mandinka:

Allah Ma Aala
La Jang Nwo so Nay Ya la.

Naphiyo,
Comrade Jassey Conteh