GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:50:12 -0500
BambaLaye,
I would not break a sweat over this one for two reasons.
First we have only one former President and if we are to go by Mr.
Jammeh's words it will be another 30 yrs to get a second! I know Mr.
Jawara has been a great survivor but he must hang around till age 112
before getting a partner in this exclusive club.
Secondly unless the National Assembly Members are not listening or they
know more than we do, the Gambia will soon (by 2020) be the city state
aka Silicon Valley of Africa that our ex-presidents (current and future)
would find no need to travel outside for their vacations. In other words
they will spend the generous package in the house!

I must admit I found it rather  unsual  for  this bunch of  NAMs to even
discuss the day the boss becomes an ex-boss. Or someone is really coming
to terms with reality!

Malanding