GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 20:10:39 -0700
Jabou,
Sister Dearest, I could not say it better myself.  It
makes me proud to read your letter.  It makes me proud
to know that Gambia has such fine female citizens as
your self.  For in the wake of the betrayal by Mrs.
Isatou Njie Saidy,a betrayal she layed at the door of
all mothers, and the whole female species in general,
it is nice to witness a daughter of the Gambia display
such concern, love, and intellect.  May God bless you,
my sister.  And I hope that Mr. Njie does add this to
the petition.  Maybe you can E-mail it to him at
[log in to unmask] and ask him to do so.  Again
JAARAAMAH, JEREHJEFF, ABAHRAHKAH.

--- Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> G-L,
>
> Here is a copy of a letter I sent to the Senegalese
> government on behalf of
> the students who have fled to Senegal, and whose
> repatriation is being sought
> by the regime in Gambia. May I request that Mr Njai
> put this at the petition
> website, and may I request one and all to please go
> there and add your
> signature so we can send this out as soon as
> possible. Thanks to all.
>
> Jabou Joh
>
>  To: The Government of Senegal.
>  From: All Justice loving Gambians .
>
>  Dear President Wade.
>
>  We have been notified that the Gambia government
> has requested Senegal to
> repatriate the students who have fled into Senegal
> to save their lives from
> the murderous regime in Gambia that has already
> killed our  children in cold
> blood, and who are now hunting these students like
> wild animals.
>
>  We call upon you as a neighbour and as a brother
> who has the best interest
> of the Gambian people at heart, not to turn our
> students over to this regime
> who will probably turture and murder them. Some of
> the students who have been
> detained by the Gambia Security forces have not been
> charged or allowed
> visits with their families, and the whereabouts of
> some of these students in
> the hands of the security forces have not been made
> known to the public or
> their families, even though the government has said
> that they will conduct a
> thorough and fair investigation. Time and experience
> has shown us that we
> cannot put any trust in the promises given by this
> regime.
>
>  It is also a general concensus by all sober
> thinking Gambians, as well as
> all justice loving people the World over,  that the
> security forces opened
> fire on students when they were exercising their
> constitutional right to
> demonstrate against what was seen as a gross
> miscarriage of justice. Two of
> their fellow students were killed and raped
> respectively without the
> government making any attempts to bring the culprits
> to justice, and this was
> the reason for the demonstration . Infact,of the two
> cases the students were
> protesting , the rape case was not even looked into,
> and in the murder case,
> the autopsy report was falsified and the
> perpetrators left to go scot free
> until this tragedy forced them to say that the
> perpetrators are now in
> custody. Time will tell if this claim is true.
>
>   We implore you in the name of all that binds our
> two countries together,
> and these are many, from blood relationships  to a
> timeless common history,
> not to repatriate these students to what could
> undoubtedly be a dismal end
> [...]

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"