GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:10:36 -0700
Hi folks,

I cannot express how much I appreciate the words of Ambassador Haley.  They
remind me of the Youssou N'dour song "Ya lai Dogal" (alternatively titled,
"Sikou Ndit").  In particular, the phrase:  "Xam sa bopaa gaen koula wor  wax
lako nyaa-nal la nga dem" (it's better to know yourself than for someone to tell
you who, you are and pray for you), is exactly what Ambassador Haley's speech
reminds me off.

The only proof that we are truly blessed would be that we heed his words.  For
sharing his wisdom, I'd like to express my sincere thanks to the Ambassador, and
wish him and his wife belated Happy Birthdays, and best wishes for many more
happy returns.  And as for their Birthday presents, I only hope that we don't
let them down ...

Katim