GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:42:53 EDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Brayton,  BarackObama.com <[log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) >
Date: Aug  17, 2006 10:41 AM
Subject: Senator Obama's Africa Trip

    Barackobama.com (http://www.barackobama.com/)
Africa Trip
 (http://ga3.org/ct/wd_gp4s1xR7I/) This Friday, Senator Obama will begin his
17-day trip  throughout Africa, including stops in Kenya, South Africa, Congo,
 Djibouti and with refugees from the Darfur region of Sudan. The trip  will
spotlight important issues facing Africa, such as the spread of  AIDS, genocide
in Darfur, the prospects for parts of Africa becoming a  haven for terrorists
and what role America can play in the region.
Read more about the trip here:
_http://www.barackobama.com/2006/08/17/africa_trip.php_
(http://ga3.org/ct/w1_gp4s1xR7W/)
We'll be providing daily updates at BarackObama.com with news  coverage,
photos and audio reports from the Senator. Check back  regularly:
_http://barackobama.com/africa_ (http://ga3.org/ct/27_gp4s1xR76/)
Xavier Commencement Address
Senator Obama gave the commencement address at Xavier University in  New
Orleans, LA last week. It was the university's first commencement  since Hurricane
Katrina and one of its largest graduating classes:
"...And as I thought about all of this, it dawned on me that when  it comes
to giving advice about challenges and obstacles, it's you who  could probably
teach the rest of us a thing or two about what it takes  to overcome.
I could give you a lecture on courage, but some of you know what it  is to
wait huddled in the dark without electricity or running water,  wondering if a
helicopter or boat will come for you before the  gunshots get closer or the
food runs out or the waters rise.
I could talk at length about perseverance, but this is a class that  was
forced to scatter to schools across the country at the beginning  of your senior
year, leaving everything you knew behind while you  waited to find out if you
could ever come back.
And I could go on and on about the importance of community - about  what it
means to care for each other - but this is a school where so  many sacrificed
so much in order to open your doors in January; a  triumph that showed the rest
of America that there are those who  refuse to desert this city and its
people no matter what..."
Read the full text of the speech here:
_http://www.barackobama.com/2006/08/11/xavier_university_commencement_address.
php  _
(http://www.barackobama.com/2006/08/11/xavier_university_commencement_address.php )
 Visit the web address below to tell your friends about this.
_Tell-a-friend!_
(http://ga3.org/barackobama/join-forward.html?domain=barackobama&r=Ad_gp4s1Pmfz&)  If you received  this message from a friend, you can
_sign up for the Barack Obama email list _
(http://ga3.org/barackobama/join.html?r=Ad_gp4s1PmfzE&) .
Paid for by Obama 2010,  Inc.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい