GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:18:40 EDT
Thanx, Saul.  I found this piece very informative.  I just cannot get myself to vote for this guy (Bush) when his track record is considered.

Let's see here:
1. Signed death warrants for hundred of death row inmates. Mostly black, BTW.

2. Spoke and endorsed a school that banned interracial dating. (Bob Jones U)  Changed his stance after some pressure.  Typical!

3. Does not favor much anti-gun legislation.

4. Like his dad, is in favor of tax laws that benefit the rich.

5. Has a running mate that was against Mandela getting released.

etc etc
But despite his record, America is in one of those conservative swings thanks to Slick Willie and his skirt chasing + lying ways.  The polls seem to favor Bush now.  Nevertheless, the guy is not too bright and Gore will chew him alive in the debates.  Mark my words!
Hopefully, his forseeable abysmal performance in the debates will swing the vote for the Democrats.  Don't count on it though!