GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
yero mama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:16:04 +0000
(FOROYA)-Halifa,
       Thank you for the piece,however,i have a list of questions for you
or(the party)hereunder:

1/ The phrase "nothing had been done to conduct civic education"as per your
article indicates, made me recall the programmes that you and other
pannelists conducted on the GAMTV and other radio stations during the days
of the transition period(AFPRC). Those discussions i can recall were widely
considered by many as efforts geared towards enlightening the gambian
people-politically.
Therefore,along this same vein,can one refer to those programmes as CIVIC
EDUCATION OR?

2/If they are/were? Where would the word "nothing" fit in your article or
explanations?

3/Do you consider the current political awareness in the Gambia compared to
what you consider "awareness" a tabla rase or..?

4/By the 20th of this month(being the deadline?)given in your piece,if your
bureau doesn't receive any 'genuine' reply from the other parties,what will
be your next step?

5/Does your call for a coalition leading to a transition include the APRC
or...?
If yes,why? AND If no also,why?

6/If you were to be charged with the responsibilty of organising
programmes(ie:air time) for all parties on the GRTS during the forth-coming
campaign,What would have been your first priorities?

7/What do you think should be the position of the international community
during the forth-coming elections
in the Gambia?

8/How would you suggest that observers(from other countries),be expected to
participate in the electoral process?

9/Who do you consider a bias observer?

YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA.