GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:13:07 -0400
Yusupha, I would first of all urge you NOT to pay heed to Gassama’s
desperate attempts to pit you against me. As I write this, I am laughing out
loud at this man’s childish ploys. I bet he is just getting back from
‘Come-In’ intoxicated with beer and sycophancy. The vermin is in so much
denial that he has to get high before he opens his G_L mails. He does NOT
want to face truth. So, he turns to alcohol first.

Yusupha, as you know by now, I do NOT hold grudges against brothers and
sisters in this struggle because of what was said on G_L. I put my points
forward vigorously and take anything that comes my way in the proper
perspective. Once it is all said and done, I know I will be able to open my
mails and face reality everyday without getting drunk from beer, like the
vermin, Gassama. So, pay him no mind.

I hope people see what is going on with this desperate man and their
desperate Party. They know they CANNOT win the elections by themselves. Now,
their best bet is to try and bring discord to the Opposition and split the
Opposition vote. Did people forget that this very vermin (Gassama) was here
few days ago insisting that Jawara was going to run in the coming elections.
This was all meant to bring up anti-Jawara sentiments and make PPP (rather
than Yaya and Ousainou Darboe) the focus of the campaign. I tried endlessly
to show seemingly intelligent people in the Opposition that we are dealing
with a desperate and incorrigible lair in Gassama. Jawara was NOT going to
run. Now, time has proved the vermin wrong. Did anyone hear him admit that
he was lying between his teeth?

Now that they failed in using Jawara’s name to scare the Gambian voters,
they went to their second ploy. Now they are arguing that PPP is out to
dominate the Alliance. Ask them why they think so. How has PPP manipulated
Darboe so far? But what is more mind-boggling is the fact that Opposition
members CANNOT see through this blatant gimmick and look at the bigger
picture and for once lose sight of Jawara.

Darboe has shown the Gambian people nothing but independence. We have Bakau
where the UDP favored a former NCP candidate (Dembo Bojang) over a former
PPP candidate (Sam Sillah). There is no evidence whatsoever that the PPP is
taking over UDP or UDP has merged with PPP. That is simply ridiculous. If
UDP merged with PPP, why would PPP insist on registering their Party? Why
did PPP not do like GPP and say that they would NOT register? These are the
simple commonsense things I cannot understand why people are missing them.
Instead what we have, are people happily swallowing APRC LIES and attacking
fellow allies.

Is it so hard to see that APRC is NOT talking about Darboe at all. They want
to scare Gambians about the restoration of PPP. But who is saying that PPP
is going to be restored? Only APRC and some in the Opposition that bought
into the APRC LIES. They are spreading all sorts of stories. All those
stories are as FALSE as the story Gassama was spreading here about Jawara
wanting to lead the Coalition.

Darboe wants an administration that is BETTER than both the PPP and the
AFPRC/APRC regimes. The man is looking FORWARD.
KB