GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beran jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 12:12:41 -0400
Tombong,

The public media belongs to all Gambians and should be shared by all ,
especially at this juncture where there is need for all parties to inform
the people about their political agenda to enable them to make an inform
choice. GRTS posted Jammeh's interview with the EU/ACP courier
magazine ,which i forwarded to the L for everyone to read.How about
some consistency here. Open the air waves to all with equal access and
coverage for all. When Tamsir Jallow was asked about denying opposition
access to the public media his response was they were not denied equal
access to the public media. According to Tamsir , equal access already
exists as the print media favors the opposition. This type of remark does
not make sense.Is Tamsir saying since the newspapers favors the opposition
therefore the public media should favor the government. I'm sure the print
media will be more than willing to cover APRC functions or events.

Open the air waves to all.

Beran