GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:02:16 -0000
Kebba Jobe, or any of Five Names,

Since you've made "national reconciliation" an issue, let's take a second
look. It's universally recognized that for there to be genuine
reconciliation, perpetrators of crimes must own up to their acts and express
remorse to their victims. To this point, your govt has refused to take
responsibility for the crimes for which you're seeking national
reconciliation. Many of us find that to be very strange. Now, given that
you've metamorphosed from being "a concerned civil servant" to being the
APRC's main mouth-piece on G-L, could you at least venture to tell us who
ordered the shooting of the kids. I believe all fair-minded people will
recognize that revelation to be a great starting point for a much needed
"national reconciliation." Please let's stick to the facts: "truth" and
"fairness" is what we all want. Isn't it?

Saul.