GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:41:55 -0700
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm only forwarding this for the record.  As you can see in the header, it was sent
way back in Nov., 2000.  I only saw it as I was house-cleaning my mail box.

> Have a great weekend.
>
> Katim

supplication with cries of repentance.

> If Mr Ceesay is a journalist, a fact that I doubt very much because his spelling is
so atrocious, then he should recognize the difference between journalism and libel.
Clearly, he does not.

> Why is there a need to investigate an investor? Why is there a need to investigate
a Company that has already paid Gambian farmers D 10 million, and will eventually pay
them over D 100 million for their peanuts? Why is there a need to investigate a
Company no matter how 'funny' that has to date invested almost US$ 3 million in
plant, equipment, machinery, rennovation and refurbishment at Dentoin Bridge?

> Instead of investigating, behind 'funny' HOTMAIL addresses, you should show
yourselves and again thank the Almighty for a Company that is investing in The Gambia
to its benefit.

> Again, you commit libel. Hilo has NO contract whatsoever with The Government of The
Gambia. As such we are taking an enormous risk, but unlike yourselves, we are
prepared so to do.

> What are you and your ilk risking? You are even afraid of the light of the day as
you shirk in the shadows.

> My behaviour is admirable in comparison to you political activists. Hilo will do
more for The Gambia than you people ever will.

> I respect ALL opinions that are worthy of respect. Yours are unworthy, conducted as
they are from the depths.

> I amy not be born Gambian, but I have travelled the length and breadth of this
country and I will try to do more for your people than you would ever consider
possible.

> But, we begin a dialogue. That is good. Perhaps you can yet be persuaded that you
are wrong; perhaps not. In any event, be assured that you do not fight a 'noble'
fight. There is nothing noble in your lies and libel. Nobility is beyond you. Or, can
you prove me wrong?