GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:42:15 -0400
First of all, Prof. Assan, I beg you like I did to other subscribers before,
not to 'delist' your self. Then, the forces of evil will win. Let the
Managers 'delist' you if they think that is the right thing to do. Again,
please reconsider your decision.

For the List Managers (or their self-appointed spokesmen), I am sending this
message in order for us to avoid a maelstrom on G_L. Your unfair handling of
the 'Alieu Keita' saga might have cost this forum the invaluable
contributions Ebrima Ceesay's Sources were making to this struggle. I cannot
speak for Ebrima and I do not profess to know his real reason for not
posting to G_L anymore. But judging from the timing of Ebrima's departure
and the way 'Alieu Keita' was handled, one can easily argue that the List
Managers' behavior contributed to why Ebrima left.

This might have been inadvertent on the side of the List Managers; i.e. it
was nobody's wish that we lose Ebrima and his Sources. On the other hand, it
might have been a deliberate ploy on the part of closet Yaya supporters to
try and silence the brother. Well, if the latter is the case, let me save
you some time and effort. Trust me that it is nobody's interest that I be
alienated the way Ebrima was. I do not plan to unilaterally 'delist' myself;
neither do I plan to allow myself to be 'delisted' without a fight. I will
go further than that and say that I will not sit silent and let List
Managers pick on people that support my views.

What is going on here? Is it now more acceptable to List Managers for people
to come here and tell vicious and unsubstantiated lies about people. When
Jobe was calling me names and not substantiating his rhetoric, did I hear
List Managers counseling him to stop lying about me? Why do you always have
to jump on people that are attacking Yaya supporters back and giving them a
dose of their own medicine? Why did you have to pick on Prof. Assan to
remind us of decorum in this forum? Are you trying to silence the brother?
We all know the rules. If you feel that someone has violated the rules, have
the guts to step to the plate and discipline that individual. But you would
not do that because you know that once you start applying the rules, you
have to apply them uniformly. So, instead you use these kinds of subtle
tactics, hoping that people will lose their tempers and voluntarily 'delist'
themselves. Give us a break. In my book LIES are worst than whatever Prof.
Assan has said. List Managers condone lies from APRC but are eager to jump
on people that want to jump into the gutter with APRC. If jumping into the
gutter is the offense here, then admonish both parties. Not just the people
that are attacking APRC.

I beg the pardon of List Managers that do not subscribe to Jaiteh's ideas
and also did not partake in the dirty tricks that were employed on Ebrima
Ceesay. I was just using the phrase 'List Managers' for ease of reference.
As for Jaiteh, I frankly do not get you. Is Lalo (who has been kidnapped and
falsely accused by this illegal government), your brother? This is not a
rhetorical question. I really want to know, because it might help me
understand some of the positions you take on G_L.
KB