GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Manneh PF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:06:09 PDT
Mr. Dampha wrote: "All participants in the coming elections should ensure
that before they go around legitimising Yahya, they should ensure that there
is a level playing field. Otherwise, boycott the elections......."
Alpha, i forgot to comment on this important statement in my reply to your
questions. When the campaign was progressively getting crappy, the UDP being
the strongest opposition, should boycott the election and left The Gambians
and the international community to decide. But this option was thrown out
because they were very optimistic that they will win. I did not know nothing
about law but if UDP or any opposition party sue PIEC concerning any unfair
campaign practices, they could be asked why they participated in it. If i am
in the UDP national executive committee i will admit this mistake.

PF MANNEH