GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:33:02 -0400
Jobe, here we go again. What makes you think that I will try and impose my
will on a grown man like you thousands of miles away in Africa? I am not
holding a gun to your head like Yaya is. Your conscience is what is
bothering you. You cannot pretend to be a critical person and at the same
time stake out indefensible positions. Rather than throw empty accusations
at people, back up your rhetoric. When I called you gullible and a
hypocrite, I backed it up. You cannot refute it. You called me absurd,
vulgar, and now selfish, and instead of some irrelevant and abstract
quotations, I do not see you backing up what you are saying.

In any case, I responded to this posting mainly because of your penultimate
posting. You just proved the point I was making yesterday about the
nonexistence of Allah's Bank. I will not make the mistake often made by
certain members of the Opposition. I will not condemn all projects and
characterize them as irrelevant. That will just give the mental midgets
supporting the government, some wriggle room to tout the projects further.

To reiterate my points from yesterday, most of these projects are ideas
stolen from the Jawara regime. These ideas are still being implemented by
the inept and spineless civil servants (scared to think for themselves) that
populated the Jawara regime. To make matters worse, these spineless civil
servants do not have good thinkers as their leaders. The people that are
supposed to formulate the policies and oversee the implementation of the
projects, are none other than a bunch of High School drop-outs that before
1994 could not even run a household let alone a government department. They
have done nothing in their sorry lives to prepare them for the daunting task
of running a country as poor as Gambia. This is the case for a change of
government. You who tout APRC 'developments' are missing the point. Who do
you expect to build classrooms? Ousainou Darboe? The point we are at right
now is, whatever Yaya can do, Darboe can do hundred times. I hope you got
that.

At least one thing was clear from your posting. Allah's Bank is not
financing these projects. We have Gambians that are lot better than Yaya in
attracting grants and loans to the country. In this discourse, it is also
irrelevant to compare Yaya's record to Jawara's if one wants to score points
against the current Opposition. There are more PPP people in APRC than in
UDP or NRP. So, Yaya and his supporters have to campaign on the APRC record.
They have to convince the people that Yaya has the wherewithal to carry the
country forward. They have to make the case that Yaya is more qualified than
say Ousainou Darboe to run the country. Tell us why Yaya is qualified to be
a president? What has he done in his life? Apart from stealing power from a
democratically elected government, I do not know what the vermin can show
for his sorry life. As the elections nears, we will continue to unmask the
low-life and show all Gambians why Yaya is NOT qualified to be a leader. It
is one thing to steal power. It is something totally different to convince
people that you deserve power. You have to make a case for Yaya.

Finally, this is a forum for ideas. No one is holding a gun to anyone's
head. But I have to warn you that if you do not back up your rhetoric,
people will jump on you and you will run the risk of coming across as
someone stupid. In my view, I think that is the worst that can happen to you
on G_L; i.e. after reading certain people and doing some introspection, you
will feel unhappy and ashamed. Contrast that with being buried six feet deep
after some thug burn you alive. As you can see, what you are whining about
on G_L (calling me selfish), is nothing compared to the fate that can befall
you when you disagree with Yaya. You can always disagree with me. I promise
not to blow your head up or dismiss you from your government job and render
your four kids destitute. You can count on that.
KB