GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:42:33 -0600
MOMODOU BAH WROTE:

>George,
>
>By saying or indeed implying that I am a supporter or
>shympathiser of the APRC regime I feel really
>insulted.

MR MAKAVELI REPLIES:

Momodou, you've forced me to read my posting dunkey times
and nowhere did I SAY nor IMPLY that you were an APRC sympathizer
although am beginning to think that you're becoming more of a
sympathizer than a fanatic supporter. Am not in the business of
insulting those who disagree with me. I try at best to enlighten
those whose intelligence have been 'insulted'(if it's ok to borrow this
word from your diction) by this notorious regime. I'm concerned and only
interested in the well-being of our suppressed people, NOT to boost some
other political party's popularity. Albeit if that's what it will take to
warrant liberty for our people, then I'll succumb to it. If you ask me,
closed-captioned, I suggest they all unite under one umbrella to be able
to decisively oust these thugs if elections seem to be our last resort.

MOMODOU BAH WROTE:

>I am no fool, and perhaps you are best advised to hold
>your fire until you get to know me better.

MR MAKAVELI REPLIES:

Momodou, I refrain from using 4 letter words so rest assure
I'll never call you a fool and you don't have to prove that
you're not either. Let's try to have a decent conversation.

MOMODOU BAH WROTE:

>I do not have time at the moment for strong exchanges
>for I am taking exams, and even if I did have time, I
>do not think that problems can be solved by people
>exchanging intimidating messages to each other across
>the globe. I feel that you have totally missed my
>point. Maybe by the end of next week I will write to
>make my point more clear.

MR MAKAVELI REPLIES:

Momodou, I wish you the very best in your studies and I hope
you plan on putting it into good use to help your people. I agree
with you that problems CANNOT be solved by people exchanging intimidating
messages to each other 'across the globe', but just tell me whether there
was any form of intimidation in my posting other than the truth entailed.
Albeit, the truth often intimidate those who try to run away from it. You
said you "feel that I missed your point totally" . Well then next time you
sat in front a monitor and keyboard state your point clearly. That way
you'll not proning yourself to recantation. There may never be another
'next week' excuse.

MOMODOU BAH WROTE:

>I am sorry that you got the wrong side of my message
>which was meant to be a light hearted way of saying
>that this does not necessarily mean that this is what
>is going to happen.
>Anyway at the moment I am big enough to apologise for
>not making my point clear enough, I hope that you and
>Momodou Olly-mboge will also be big enough to
>apologise for insulting me so badly by mistaking me
>for an APRC supporter.

MR MAKAVELI REPLIES:

You don't need to apologize and neither do I. None of us have committed
any crime here. Just human-beings exchanging e-mails 'around the globe',
if I may use your phrase. Common Mo! Some of us got hearts too you know.
I'm very light hearted as a matter of fact (o-:)!. Cheer up a little, will
you? It's simply a dialogue we're trying to have here, atleast that what
I think. But we still want to tell the truth while we at it, don't you
agree? Who are you to justify that the results of our poll " does not
necessarily mean that this is what is going to happen" ? Nostradamus,
French physician & astrologer; produced Centuries, rhymed predictions
in ambiguous phrasing? Common Mo! please don't give up your day job. No
one can predict what the future hold. However, I'll be quick to say that
if there'll be a unified opposition, Jammeh will certainly loose the
elections. Quote on that and better watch this space. Good luck iin your
exams. You might want to ignore some us for some time.How about that for
a brotherly advice.

MOMODOU BAH WROTE:

>Please reply.
>
>Momodou.