GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:17:20 +0000
Hmmmmm!  In Gambians, you see many strange bed fellows, especially when they
are desperate.  A discussion that started because of an allegation by Alieu
that Mr. Bah is in custody because of an alleged treachery by Last Card or
Essa Sey, has brought out the locust that were dormant because of prior
treachery and hatred.  Some how, the very ones that said here they're
fighting the injustices of Yaya and the APRC managed to form a united front
against Joe who as we speak never stole a butut form any Gambian nor did I
kill any Gambian.  Now, those same folks are in chorus with a Jammeh rep,
why, because it will get the job done on their most prized enemy, Joe.  It
all started because Alieu, patted Abdou Sanneh on the back and now Abdou, in
his quest with Pa Nderry, brought his sister (who was never mentioned
anywhere.  Abdou why?), in the process Mr. Bah is long forgotten.  Conteh
saw blood and joined the hunt.  Then Tunkareh in North Carolina (note I did
not say Tunkara) who has been running around lying about STGDP, has been
plying the L looking for an opportunity, but I'll catch up with him some
day.  Then we have our Edu the Philosopher to bless the offering.  Are these
people serious?  For these folks with the exception of Alieu (card carrying
member of the APRC), to make me a person of great interest, far beyond Yaya,
Singhateh, et al, is very telling of their mind set.

The lunacy has gotten to a point that even when Yaya lined up their
grandfathers, fathers, uncles, and brothers (yes, some of these geezers are
that old but you will not know that by their conduct) and cursed them out
and threatened to kill others that are opposed to his criminal ways and whom
they claim to support, this bunch manages to still focus on my response to
Yaya that any murder of the NADD five will end up with Yaya's murder.  Where
I come from, this is called insanity.  These are the same folks that when a
person like Deyda is murdered by their new found ally, they will recite all
kinds of verses from the Quran, but focus on their Hamburger in the next
minute, for that is the extent of their concern.  They say we have to come
together, when they never joined anything and are disruptive on the things
they join, thus they never can co-esist (control freaks).  They say they are
part of the opposition, what have they given to the NADD, nothing but lip
service.  All this while you have dedicated folks (men and women, Gambian
and non-gambian) meeting every Saturday for the last two years (every
Saturday my friends, November 12, 2005 the latest), for on average three
hours, doing nothing but mobilizing on behalf of Gambians and NADD.  Please
do the math on the number of hours spent to date, outside other discussions
throughout the week.  You also have the folks in MODD in New York doing
similar.  The folks in Seattle tirelessly raising funds and mobilizing.  The
folks in Minnesota, Tennessee, DC, PDOISGROUP, and many others spending
their time and money all because of a murderer in the Gambia.  If any
Gambian even entertains the thought that these good men and women are in it
because of a future in a NADD government, then ours cannot be repaired or
salvaged forever.  Folks, what these people do daily and weekly is what
dedication is.  It is not about talking about how dedicated you are, or what
we must do, you must live it, and you can never fake it, for you will be
found out and exposed like we have seen with this bunch.

I am a member of the STGDP, PDOISGroup, GAC, MGAC, and other orgs. and in
each one of them, I am just a worker bee, why, because my foundation
emphasized on organizing and teamwork to get the job done.  I careless who
leads as long as we get the job done.  Some of these geezers are older than
I but I can run lapse on them when it comes to fighting for one's beliefs
and dedication.  When Gambia was good to them back in the early eighties, I
was secretly distributing Voice of the Future articles on the Campuses of
SAHS and GHS and in the streets.  Not even those that I drink tea with
daily, knew that about me all these decades.  All knew how close I was with
Father Gough while at SAHS and those that were around can remember when the
CID landed on SAHS regarding the proliferation of those articles.  When
Jawara levied treason charges on Halifa, Sam Sarr, Pa Sambou, and five
others in the eighties, where were these knuckleheads.  Most Gambians only
know about Joe and Soccer in the Gambia and that is it.  So, they do not
have a clue where I hail from and the road I traveled and would just be
wasting their time today trying to drag me down.  I did not intend to reveal
this part of my life here, but to give comfort to these bunch that are
driving themselves crazy because they fear that Joe The Tyrant will LEAD
Gambia, or be a mover and shaker in a NADD Government.  This is called
dreaming of success before succeeding.  Relax, folks, I have a life long
project in raising my two daughters and countless nieces and nephews, and
the many many needy students in The Gambia.  So you can rest assured that
you can bank on seeing me right here with some of you to begin the
reconstruction of Gambia under a NADD government.  All I demand from this
bunch is for them to be guided by truth and honesty.  Is that too much to
ask?  For folks to come here and swear by the graves of their parents that
they have evidence for years that I am a snitch for Yaya and years later are
found to have lied and fabricated to their teeth, yet other hypocritical and
treacherous others line up to challenge my integrity is more ignorant than
twisted logic.

But the Gambia of today is infested with such persons.  Conteh and his
spokes person wanted to run for office, yet their collaborators levy that
charge against me, even though I have been crying to the tip of my lungs
since 1999 for the opposition to come together and have never stopped.  As a
matter of fact, Tunkareh, when he heard that STGDP launched the Voice of the
Diaspora weekly radio program, he was about to break his neck to be given an
interview as a Gambian journalist in the diaspora, check that out for
selfishness.  Conteh and friends have flipped and flopped between Yaya and
the opposition all these years, while I stayed put for all these years, yet
they lied that I am a snitch for Yaya, but some folks cannot see that or
their dishonesty will not allow them to speak the truth.  And so, they are
like old wine, just in a different bottle this time.  The last round was
Conteh, Tapha Fye, "the sister", Ebou Jallow, and Essa Sey.  This time you
have the two constant variables in Conteh and "the sister", along with
Alieu, Tunkareh, and Edu.  Abdou, is straddling the fence and Edi, well Edi
is just Edi, he has not yet made up his mind whether he is for Yaya and the
APRC or the rest of Gambia.  One thing though, I have no time for liars and
fabricators but I will meet them half way at any level.  So Alieu, please
help your friends to expose me, for they desperately need it.

Chi Jaama

Joe