GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:17:37 -0000
Ebrima,

Good to hear from you. Nothing has changed in the Jammeh camp. Between Essa
Sey and Manlafi Jarju, we have five different psuedonyms being used as
covers for mud-slinging against some of us they see as threats. Truth simply
doesn't matter to these people. Manlafi (under Jerreh Jarju) declared to all
that unless I'm "tame" he'll spill the beans on me, since he "knows" me. I
gave the fellow a silver platter to chew me on, and we've all seen him
resort to trying to extort revelations from me about myself. If you "know"
me, and know that I'm up to no good in the States, why do you need me to
tell you what I do for a living? He's the one who "knows" me! Further, to
demonstrate the type of gene pool "these people" are from, Mafy shamelessly
declared here that I've been in this country for 20 years, and doing
nothing. 20 years? "20 years" ago, I was a teenager in School. Hell, 10
years ago, I was still on the MRC's pay roll in the Gambia! It's really
scary how some people totally ignore basic man-to-man etiquette vis-a-vis
truth telling. It is that same shameless tactic that is being employed
against, Katim, Hamjatta, KB, Colly, yourself and others. Like I keep
saying, anytime you think these Jammeh people can't sink any lower, they
come up with something more spell-binding. What a queer breed of people!

I wholeheartedly subscribe to the efforts being led by Joe Sambou and Dr.
Saine. It's more rewarding, and I believe ALL well-meaning Gambians should
throw in whatever little they can afford. There's no point engaging Mafy and
Essa Sey. It's not too hard to recognize their signatures in these cowardly
postings. Let them enjoy their hide and seek. I'm not sure about "Kebba"
Jobe, but if there is any Jammeh supporter who can engage in a decent
exchange here, it's "Kebba." At least he doesn't try to deny some obvious
things. For that, I'll give him credit. Good luck with the potential debate.

Mr. Buharry/Londoners:
I'm really shocked at the news of Anna Secka's death. If anyone has it, I'd
like to get the contact address (email/phone #) for Adama Crooks. I knew
both Anna and Adama very well. Anna has always had a little weight problem,
but I have a hard time believing that she's dead at such a young age. My
heart-felt condolences to ALL her kin. She was a darling. I had Yus' phone
#, but can't locate it. I'd appreciate getting Adama's contact info -from
anyone as soon as possible. Thanxx.

Saul.