GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:08:55 -0700
It is a notorious fact that the APRC Government under
Jammeh is at this moment plotting our destruction and
threatening the extinction of our growing democracy
and political institutions.I have the best reasons for
believing that corruption has found its way into the
Legislature and Executive chambers.
The recent pass bill in the National Assembly is
boldly insulting our people ;rep remanding our
National Assembly;propagating for totalitarian rule
and an insult to human rights.
If the speaker of the National Assembly Mustapha Wadda
was a honest and god fearing man,he would have adjourn
the voting to reason out why most of the members were
not present at the voting rather than going ahead with
few members voting for it.
But let me point it out right here and say it bluntly
that both Jammeh and his secretary of state Ousman
Badjie are fooling themselves in pushing this rubbish
bill in the N/A thinking that they have escape
punishment,No.
Today gambia has a generation who believe that they
can't be made to hate their own friends and love their
enemies by offering them sweet words.One compromise
when you're wrong.You don't have to compromise when
you are right.In an other word the students who
demonstrated on April 10/11 had their legitimate
constitutional rights to peacefully demonstrate
without been kill.But Yahya Jammeh,Isatou Njie Saidy
and Ousman Badjie commanded Major Momodou Badjie of
the National Army to pick up arms and to shoot and
kill them.Now why are they so paranoid.They should be
be honest enough to the Gambians and come out to the
open and apologize for what they have done but not to
take three lines bill in to the National Assembly
pretending that they are hiding their faces while
their "lu bon lee mun se bee ti".
 Today what is more unfair and undemocratic than
seeing some unscrupulous ex-PPP traitors and sycopans
playing professional opportunism for the same Junta
government that booted them out of office.It is even a
disgrace and it tantamount to a BIG question whether
there was need for a coup.But now what is going to be
more interesting is that the time is ripe for people
like Sheriff Mustapha Dibba,Hassan Musa camara, Omar
Jallow,Landing Jallow Sonko,L K Jabang,M C Cham,James
Alkali Gaye to unban themselves so that the whole
world will see the true colours of these
criminals.What ever is good for Sanna should be good
for Sainey too.
 Kebba Jobe,due to my engagements,for some weeks i
have not had the time to visit the L.Recently i have
found that you are engage on some issues and at the
same time attempting to condemn and unconstructively
criticize the UDP officials.This i have said it on
this L over and over and i will say it again,UDP will
wellcome all constructive criticism but will not
condone malicious statements.
I am saying this because there was a time when you
called Lamin Waa Juwara a Parot and let me tell you we
have many names to call you if you continue to be
unreasonably attacking the party.After all why can you
expose your identity like the people you are dealing
with if you are seriously and concern about debating
issues rather than pretending to be white today and
brown tomorrow.
Saihou