GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:22:54 -0700
Hi folks,

I am working with AMARC, the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters, to
stream their coverage of meetings at the WCAR in Durban, South Africa.  WCAR itself
hasn't started yet, but AMARC is covering the NGO forums that preceed the conference.
For your information, our own George Christensen, of Radio 1 FM, is one of the AMARC
producers working on the coverage of the conference.

You can get more information about AMARC's coverage of the meetings at their Web
site:
         http://www.amarc.org/vsf/vsf_anglais/index.htm
Also, the direct link to the stream is:
        http://talk.fanafana.com:8000
Please note that you need an MP3 enabled browser to listen to the stream.  You
download an MP3 plug-in, Winamp (for Windows users) at http://www.winamp.com  Apple
users can download and install Macamp from http://www.macamp.com  Also, if there's no
broadcast being streamed, you'll get an "404 Entity Not Found" message.

We're still tweaking here and there, but I hope you find something interesting.
Enjoy!

Katim