GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 20:58:34 -0500
Soffie,
   this is Ebou Secka from Kansas City and thank you very much. Public
broadcasting really needs all the support it could get. Infact I am a
current member of our local NPR affiliate here KCUR 89.3 FM and I do gather
so much information and knowledge from NPR.

Just three or four days ago, NPR aired a program about SCREAMING Jay, a
person I have never heard of. He has claimed to have about 57 known children
and some of them did not even know up to very late in their lives. He died
last february and none of his kids were at the funeral because of lack to
contact or some other known or unknown reason(s).

I think, his widow was the one who noticed that and decided to bring
together a broken family. She contacted the ones she is very sure that
Screaming Jay is their father and suggested a web site and now his kids are
having an "I am one of Jay's kids" gathering in Chicago in February.
Something I got from NPR.

You can get more information from http://www.jayskids.com where you can find
some very interesting stories from his kids.

Thanks NPR.

Thanks Soffie.

Ebou Secka