GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin B Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:57:16 EST
Dear Katim,
           I must frankly state that I am very much disappointed to read from
you that religious postings to the list cannot be accepted anymore. If I
really understand the reasons of a mailing list (not just Gambia-L,but any
other mailing list),it is for people to bring up issues that are affecting
their lives and the lives of others and discuss them openly and sincerely in
other to find a solution to them. Lists are also created to educate members
on various subjects that may interest them.

Religious postings to the list, I believe are issues that affect our lives
and are some of the things that some of us need to know as believers. I
consider the move to stop religious postings being sent to the L as
ridiculous and hypocritical. Where is that freedom of expression that
everyone has been shouting about?

This is a simple case, those who are not interested in these postings SHOULD
USE THEIR DELETE BOTTONS as they will do for other postings they do not wish
to read. No matter how little the number maybe, there is still people who are
interested in these postings and are benefiting from them, so why do we have
to stop them because some people do not like to see them appear in their
mailboxes??????.

There is nothing to do, but thank those people who post these religious
materials to the list. They are still useful to a few! Let there be justice
and freedom to discuss issues of interest to people on the list even if it is
between two people.

Good day to everyone.
Lamin B Jammeh.
Bedford, United Kingdom.