GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:42:39 +0200
Bro Ous,

Thanks for the compliments.

This programme is meant to be for 3 years, but with the possibility of extending it based on the availability of funds. For a start we`ve been allocated NKR 10,000 by The Gambian association. It`s myself, Papa Sarr Gaye and Ann-Marie Hopson who are running this programme and we`ve laid out certain activities geered towards raising more funds in the forth-coming Gambia cultural week in Oslo. There are also plans to seek assistance from Norwegian institutions and from The Gambian community here.

We have people on the ground back home to do th necessary follow up especially regarding the progress these kids are making. In as much as their progress plays a significant role in determining further assistance, we are also putting into consideration that most of these kids are from deprived homes and could surley have done much better if all the priorities were in place. Therefore, we would like to give them some chance. We`ve been in touch with Mayor Samba Faal ,  one Alieu Saho and Lamin Manneh and they`ve been instrumental in providing up to date information.

Regards,
Omar.