GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pope Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:30:23 EDT
Please review the apology letter below and advise of any changes. I want to
send it to all the organozations we sent the petition letters to yesterday.
If I dont get any replies, I'll take it that the one I have below is
sufficient. Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam:

Sometime yesterday you received a petition letter regarding the
The Gambian student protesters, who were killed while protesting.

This petition letter was in no way intended as Spam mail but due to the lack
of foresight in designing the form, the end result was that many of the
organizations, institutions, and individuals, whose support we are seeking,
were inundated with mail generated by this automated online petition form.

As the Webmaster of the site (http://www.gambia.f2s.com) hosting the
petition form and the person who designed the online petition form, I
sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused you or
your organization. As such, I have taken the step of disabling this online
petition letter until we can come up with a better way of informing people
about this tragic event. Rest assured whatever we come up with, will not be
Spam mail.

I hope you accept my apologies on my behalf and on behalf of all those
involved in ensuring that the people responsible for killing these Gambian
students are brought to justice.

I also hope we can rely on your continued support in keeping pressure on the
Government of The Gambia in bringing those responsible for these senseless
killing to justice.

Again thank you for your concern and continued support and promotion of
human rights around the world.

Yankuba Njie