GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 10:14:05 -0500
Saul,
 I'm glad that you've finally decided to call it quits and not give this
APRC sympathizer the attention others might give him unknowingly. Because
only if you know who you're dealing with can one realise the potential
risk of wasting one's breath. I've seen that you've done your own private
investigation of the phoney character in question but one doesn't have look
any farther than the Gambia-L archives. You'll be suprised what one can un-
veil from this supposedly professional journalist who claimed to be "a
political enthusiast, who rides on the ticket of neutrality". Loads of
baloneys is what you'll find in his library of crap. Quick question: How
many professional gambian journalists publicly acknowledge being a staunch
supporter of this despotic APRC regime on this public forum otherwise
known as 'The Gambia-L'. From my recollection, the answer to that is none.
Gambia-L's notoriety for having very informed and seasoned list members
who refuse to tolerate mediocrity and hypocrisy makes it very uncomfortable
and quite extrinsic. Driven by their insatiable quest to farther promote
their hell-bent political leanings and agenda,they surreptitiously disguise
as 'neutral' journalists hoping to work on the corridors of neutrality
which giving royalties to their respectively political parties when the
opportunity presents itself, either by distracting those in the opposition
with premeditated differing viewpoints or simply not reporting what might
be of paramount importance those in the opposition and catastrophic to
their employer(notably APRC). But one should never under-estimate the
intuiveness and sophistication of people on this list, because to their own
peril comes the unveiling of their perpetual,master-minded, incessant and
insatiable quest to promote their political dominance and shove it right
down to our throats. But like many of their precedecessors who tried with
other ill-faithed schemes, they too are failing miserably. Politically
savvy and fact-seeking G'Lers make them run for their money.

Take Mr Harona Drammeh(Phi-A-Harona) for instance. Hell, life would have
much easier if he came out of the closet and just be bold for a day like
that Kebba Joke instead of trying to dube us into believing that he is
neutral and should be trusted. This a poor guy who is in a celestial marriage with APRC and for him to try to grease his inseparably unholy
matrimonial affiliation to this despotic administration goes to show us the
utter rubbish these unscrupulous and narrow-minded APRC mental midgets are
trying to shove down our throats. This guy is infact on record still being
employed by GRTS (which Jammeh and APRC have sole propriety) and we expect
him to be neutral more less take side with us? In our wildest dreams. Have
you all notice that he had always had heated confrontations when cornered
with ONLY members in the opposition, myself, Saul Khan, Hamjatta Kanteh,
Ansumana Kujabi, KB, Soffie Ceesay and countless others. He even went on
to further display his loyalty by tabbing Saul on the back for giving some
credit to his co-conspirator and master-of-all puppeteers just to appear
agreeable. There are number of instance when his incoherent pitches curve-
balled right into the garbage-bin, where they belonged. Here are some few
blunders(his own words, be sure to double-check the G_L archives:

Harona S Drammeh Wrote and I quote:
 "Despite the maturity of contributors, there hardly is ever a healthy
 debate going on. It's always, you this, you that. Perhaps, the L should
 be less hostile on persons with different opinions and let " both sides
 be heard". GRTS will follow."
 http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0102&L=gambia-l&P=R51786
Here, he made no secret defending his employer. Let the blunders begin...

Harona S Drammeh Wrote and I quote:
 "The holding of discussions and fora of this magnitude, goes to say,
 there would be people whose opinions and views differ from our own. What
 makes it interesting is our ability to tolerate and accept every view
 expressed, as an opinion. You may agree or not agree with certain
 postings, that, however, is the essence of a debate. Not to lambast and
 slice personalities with cyber swords. We need some overtime in the
 tolerance department!"
 http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0102&L=gambia-l&P=R71705
 Always quick to blame the G_L. Yet we saw the lingo and tempo his uses
 when he is cornered. Another blunder...keep on reading

Harona S Drammeh Wrote and I quote:
 "My issue has always been not to beat the enemy with the same wrath he
 used to beat you with. I see myself as a broadcast journalist, whose
 responsibilty goes beyond serving one person, but an entire nation. By so
 doing, there comes into play the perception of serving each and every
 sigment of that society without bias. My neurality should therefore be
 unquestionable to those to whom i broadcast. I still remain neutral.
 To my person, i have a party i sympathise with, publicly however, i'm a
 neutral person. Like you right said;
 http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0102&L=gambia-l&P=R76923
 Here I must pause. Enough of this neutrality crap. Wasn't this the same
'journalist' who emphatically stated in his very own words that " In my
book, there is no such thing as a 100% neutral person. It is human to
associate/like/dislike."

Now, folks, do you all see how contradicting this guy gets. The list of
inconsistences and cover-ups I dug up from the L keeps piling and
unfortunately I don't have much time to go on nor do I expect you folks
to keep reading such load of baloneys. But remember the G_L rchives are
readily available and for Saul, I only hope that you used 1-800-call-
collect because you might have saved a buck or two by. Better yet, utilize
the G_L archives and save plenty. BTW, I found Ansumana Kujabi's reponse to
Mr Drammeh humorous but men with a lot of truth rooted into it. Here is the
piece:

Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2001 21:43:56 -0500

After reading your response to HAMJATTA, I became even more puzzled as to
what direction the DRY HAMATTAN WIND from the SAHARA is blowing you to
deposit you as a sediment. At one point the Hamattan tends to deposit you
on top of a CESSPOOL, and in another point it flips you on a Mountain top
or in some instances the wind tends to form you as a debris in the bottom
of the Atlantic Ocean, and yet you seem not able to use your human gravity
to come to a standstill. No wonder why you are flip-flopping on important
issues.

Harona, you must stop LINGERING over the choice if you want to contribute
effectively on neutral grounds. When ever I read your writings, I always
come to a conclusion that you are always faced with what psychologists
called AVOIDANCE-AVOIDANCE conflict. You are confronted with a situation
in which your occupation as a PROFESSIONAL JOURNALIST conflicts with your
DESIRE as a PRIVATE CITIZEN. A man of your caliber who is very conversant
with the principles of professional Journalism, your hearth is for TRUTH
TELLING, whiles your SOUL is for DEVIL. Supporting the DEVIL is your
DESIRE as a PRIVATE CITIZEN, since each and every citizen has the right to
support a particular course. Whiles doing the former in terms of
OBJECTIVITY and PROFESSIONALISM, it always conflicts with the later.
Consequently, this conflicting situation leads to your AVOIDANCE-AVOIDANCE
conflict situation(ie avoiding here and avoiding there). The reason for
this situation is only known by you alone; may be at some point in your
life, the DEVIL did a great favor for either you or a particular member of
your family, and you opted to ignore your occupation as a professional
journalist. And this means that your contributions will remain neutral in
your own context of neutrality. But I do not agree with you on that.
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0104&L=gambia-l&P=R98720

All being said, I rest my case. No further comment. Case closed.
                                              MR MAKAVELI