GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:36:40 PST
Yus just nailed it, with money and the appropriate contacts, anything is
possible. But how about an Online Radio Broadcast?. It is cost effective
and in my opinion free..and I can offer the services on the Web gratuit.
May be the drawback would be that not many are as fortunate to be online
but again if the voices are heard online it can be passed on to others by
telephone and by peer-to-peer...I don't know but I'm sure rumors do spread and
so can our voices be heard...
  In a nutshell, an Online Radio station is a start, voice enable software
could be made possible for download, it is then integrated to your browser
/ e-mail program, send voice-emails to the Online radio staion anywhere in
the world and people can listen to it and pass the word to others..It will
require some focals from The Gambia to keep us uptodate ..and anonimity will
be the way to go ..confidentiality a must and site NOT government regulate
such as GAMBIANSONLINE.COM

AGAIN, ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FROM JABOU JOH. Thanks for the initiative.
AND REMINDER : "A thought without any action ..is just a DREAM"

Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Modou,
Setting up a radio station is not a very difficult task.  All one needs is a
transmitter, a place to broadcast from, and the people to work full time with
broadcasts and the like.  There are pirate radio stations all over the place,
especially in England and the US.  Radio Marti, which is used to broadcast
pro-american propaganda to Cuba, is a good example of a radio station being
used in the way you suggested

Therefore, finding a location for a transmitter in close proximity to The
Gambia is the biggest obstacle one would face in setting up a radio station
for subversive tactics.  The best locations would be in Senegal, Guinea
Bissau, The Cape Verde Islands, or from a boat off the coast.  But with money
and the appropriate contacts, anything is possible.

Yus