GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:29:27 EDT
I am very glad to be a Gambian today. I want to simply say that the national
cry for democracy and justice for the victims of Jammeh''s brutal government
has been very impressive. Lets keep the movement alive. There is nothing to
fear. Victory for our people, freedom for our people. Come out in hundreds
and show the world your disgust with this undemocratic government. JAMMEH
MUST GO. DICTATORSHIP MUST GO. THE KILLING MUST END. THE ABUSES OF POWER MUST
END. FREEDOM FOR ALL. JUSTICE FOR ALL. PEACE FOR ALL.

We cannot let Jammeh drag the Gambia to become another Freetown. We must not
let anger guide our quest. We must do it with humility and tranquility.

NO VIOLENCE DURING THE DEMONSTRATIONS.. NO REFERENCE TO VIOLENCE.
PEACE MUST BE THE THEME JUSTICE MUST BECOME OUR MOTTO.

THANKS
MATARR SAJAW.