GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:40:31 -0500
Mr.Janneh:

This is how a friend responded to this charge that Gambian intellectuals are so eager and willing to accept a
job from President Jammeh. " You guys (Gambians living overseas), we are all cut from the same cloth and do
not think for a moment you guys  possess  certain principles that all of us lack". Guys, our difference is
geography. You made a calculated decision to stay overseas for your own personal survival, and you are
conveniently position to air your grievances that we all share, but we cannot make. Intellectual
prostitution, no try corporate survival. Gambia is a sinking ship, we can either abandon it, or fight in our
own different ways. Please do not judge me, try wearing my pants for once. Trust me, if I live in those
comfortable apartments, no Gambia government as my only employer, and of  course a computer keyboard infront
of me, I can easily become one of the political activist of this in-famous Gambia-L. Remember, the fight
should be directed to the Jammeh government(whoever that person is)

Musa Jeng