GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:59:50 +0200
I received this from Aunty Rahshida Bah. Good luck to those who might take
the chance:-)

regards,
Momodou Camara

From:                   [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:53:24 EDT
Subject:                FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY-PASS IT ON!

U.S. Embassy Announces New Batch of DV Visas -- August 6, 1999

The U.S. State Department will be issuing 55,000 permanent immigrant visas
for the 2001 fiscal year. The visas will be issued based on the usual lottery
system.   Some countries are not eligible.  If you have any question
regarding this, contact me and I will endeavor to answer it.

All applications must be received at the National Visa Center in the United
States between October 4, 1999 and November 3, 1999. The DV lottery is open
to certain people from US State Department designated countries who meet
certain eligibility requirements. A high school diploma is required or ESLC
or two years of work experience in a highly skilled occupation which meets US
Department of Labor requirements.  (THIS IS ONE AREA WHERE YOU MAY NEED
PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE AFTER WINNING IN ORDER TO SUCCESSFULLY PROCESS YOUR
APPLICATION.)

In order to apply you have to submit a plain sheet of paper with the
following information:

Your full name (Last name underlined) in this order

Last name, First name, Middle name (if applicable)

Your birth date and place of birth
Date: Day, Month, Year
Place: City, Province, Country

Names and places of birth of your spouse, children (Only biological or
legally adopted children only)

Mailing address and telephone number

Your native country, if different from country of birth

Recent photograph (37mm by 37mm), with your name on the back. Tape the
photograph with clear tape on the application, no paper clips or staples

Personally sign the application; you will be disqualified if somebody else
signs it. Many people have been disqualified for this.

NOTE

No postcards or faxes, letter must have full return address in English.  Act
Quickly.   BUT DO NOT SEND IT BEFORE THE DATE.  IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.  IF
ANYONE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES WANTS TO SEND THEIRS TO ME, THEY CAN.  MY
MAILING ADDRESS IS:  3636 Sixteenth Street, NW - APARTMENT B405, Washington,
D. C. 20036 - Then I can hold them and post them on October 4, 1999.

There is no application fee. (THERE WILL BE A US GOVERNMENT PROCESSING FEE OF
NEARLY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.  THERE ARE MANY FORMAL DOCUMENTS TO FILL IN
AFTER. YOU MAY NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP WITH PROCESSING IF YOU WIN.  For
further information on the details of the application, contact the US
Embassy. The address to mail applications to is:-

DV-2001 Program
National Visa Center
Portsmouth, NH 00213, USA