GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 12:11:35 -0600
Ebrima Ceesay,
You go brother! What a knock-out! If only words can express your sincerity,
what a Caesar you would have made for The Gambia! And even that would be an
understatement because you went pass words by backing it up with stern
actions. Now, how noble is that? Let's just say in wollof " Jerejeff
Jambarr", or perhaps like we say on the L, 'keep up the good work! '.

Do NOT be at all discouraged by any critic if their critism is unworthy
and unconstructive. You will be proned to their insidious tactics for as
long as you keep telling the truth like you just did. Pessimism and
complacency is setting a lot of us gambians back. Some of us just like to
comment on science-fictioned opinions of issues that simply requires
action rather than superfluous misconstrued commentaries that a lot of us
spend our precious time debating on and on, just sitting on it, and never
implement any form of action. Well, that's gonna have to change if we truly want to make something happen.

The likes of the great Dr King did not simply formulate plans but acted
upon it doggedly. Sitting in a cozy recliner philosophizing and penning
one's disgust against the enemy is quite fruitless and somewhat idling if
one doesn't act upon viable tangible means. If some of us can't come to
terms with our social problems and change their dispirited psyche, we will
continue to be haunted at our own peril by these besetting dilemas over
and over again.

The fact is so much being said and so little being done. So if you don't
have something constructive to contribute to the struggle, please don't
bombard some us who would rather do something and not simply chew on it
with ill-natured loser-type pessimisms. Instead, quoting Momodou Camara's wise saying , " start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible".

So Ebrima, those of us who appreciate your hard-work welcome everything
you're doing, all that positive energy, to make the lives of others better
some day. Am sure many, even those who disagree with you now, will thank
you for it when the dust settles. Just remember, IT JUST AIN'T EASY BEING
A GAMBIA! Lord have mercy! Man,I tell you, you just got to keep on keeping
on! (o-:)

                                                 MR MAKVELI! (O-:)