GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:20:01 -0700
Cool Dude,

   I assume this objection of mine might not be entertained; nonetheless, I
want to go ahead and excersing my freedom of expression by lodging my utter
disapproval of your rebuttal to The Independent's Editorial. Like yourself
and a host of other people here, I, infact found their rebuttal quite
disappointing. I chose not to attack them for expressing their views on the
two gentlemen's disapproval of their editorial, simply because, I felt that
they are entitled to defend whatever stance they decide to take in
excercising those rights.

   However, I found your calling them "Jammeh pleasers" quite ridiculous. To
be fair and objective enough, myself, you and a host of other peoplem on the
L and around the world knows that, those guys are neither "Jammeh pleasers"
nor some kinda pseudo-journalists. We are all living witnesses to their
continued persecution for their aggresive journalism. This is a something we
must always acknowledge.

  In this case, however, the fact of the matter is that, these guys received
Ebrima and Baba's rejoinders in bad faith as they are now alleging, but this
isn't tantamount to such name callings or some other forms of nagative
misrepresentations. I guess you will receive this posting in "good faith"
and excuse my long sentences.

   Respect to everyone. I'm out!