GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:27:08 PDT
Seedy now you pour fuel into dying fires!

You stated:
>I agree with you wholeheartedly. But you know what, Latjor can be a CEO
>among probably a bunch of fools that he surrounds himself with. Frankly
>speaking, I
>wondered how he attains such a title for running a website.

You talk like a blind fool who rather than make the necessary investigations
first decide to lash out based on hear say! So allow me to enlighten your
ignorant self! The gambian.com site is the front end of a corporation I am
establishing with other interested parties, and as such, it must take on the
charater of a corporation as outlined by the business structures in the U.S.
Such titles as CEO, COO, CFO, and so on are to be found in any corporate
structure or perhaps you did not know this.

>I see this man as another Yaya Jammeh to-be, who crowned himself a colonel
>with abundance of
>initials and titles.

Well, at least I crown myself for my labor! Spike Lee I suppose would be
another Jammeh if one is to foolw your thwarted logic.

>If Latjor is sincerely interested in serving The Gambia and The Gambian
>community, particularly within the Washington Metropolitan area, the
>composition, policies and programs of his so-called GLC need to be
>revisited.
>People that he intends to serve must be involved at the grass-root level.

You obviously live in eskimo land. Verify, verify, verify before you  open
your big mouth!
Why do you think the document I posted recently had the words "WORKING
PAPER"? Do you need tutoring on what this means? If it was carved in stone
then it would certainly not have had these words appended to it.
Such condescending words as "grass-roots" and the like do not hold water
here. And who are the "grass-roots"? Please educate me.

>have seen ample bureaucracy and individual aggrandizement that I believe
>have
>resulted in divisions and lack of massive participation in most of the
>programs organized by Latjor and his group. Little wonder then, there
>existed
>different ALD organizations sometime

The division that occurred on the ALD issue took place back in May 1997
between the Gambia Foundation (Ya Soffie's group) and Gambia People's
Association (Beran Jeng's group). Latjor was living in Atlanta at the time.
You obviously are completely ignorant about this history yet you dare to
throw this garbage on the L!

The little effort on my part has been to strive to bring us all under on
roof which is easier said than done. It is not a job for the faint hearted,
nor for the armchair critics like yourself. By the way, have you heard of
the successful outcome of this year's ALD? Do you think it was a one man
effort? Surely there must be others (not like you) who see value and merit
in mine and other people's efforts and have joined to work towards our noble
cause. Perhaps someday you will get off your cozy chair and do your part!

>I vehemently believe that Latjor
>and his group must learn to touch "All People." Otherwise, the name >of his
>organization must be called something else.

This is how I know that you are just a trouble maker who is not interested
in facts. Be in touch? This is democracy my friend. No name or individual is
above anyone. The GLC was not a name decided on by Latjor. While I did
convene the first Gambia Leadership Conference back in February '98, I had
no intention of naming any organization as such. It was the conference
participants themselves who voted and adopted this as a working name for the
proposed organization. The video is available and I strongly encourage you
to get it so you will begin to remove the cobwebs in your mind.

Finally, there is no global association, rather, there is an embryo of an
organization interested in seeing the latter come into manifestation.
Whether it will or not depends on us gambians. Who will lead it will again
depend on gambians who are involved to exercise there democratic rights to
choose their leaders (oops! I forgot that I a dictator in the making and
should not be talking like this).
Latjor