GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:34:37 +0000
My brother Pierre,
Thank you very much for your suggestion pertaining to our brother Mr Ebou
Jallow. So many of you have suggested the same line of action that, in the
name of progress, I have to alternative but to rest my case against him.
For a moment I thought we are all compatriots ( saints, criminals,etc), and
in order to promote the common good, it is worthwhile to engage all and
sundry in constructive dialogue. To my mind no person is too evil to be
beyond redemption; and similarly, no person is too good to blunder. It is
only the collectivity of our views that can give the complete picture of our
situation so as to arrive at credible solutions to our problems. In
performing this task, no person has monopoly over the truth, because none of
us has absolute knowledge pertaining to our past and contemporary problems
and challenges. I earnestly believe that we can all play a positive role in
our national discourse, but to do so or otherwise is a matter of personal
choice.
Once more, I thank you for your suggestion.
Omar Joof.