GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:57:48 +0000
Essa,

I must say that you have a wonderful way of promoting  and defending your
agenda regardless of wether it is in the middle, right or left.

If you recall, I once sent an inquiry asking you why the need to broadcast
the names of congressmen and other  US government officials when you
requested that they be subscribed and asked  you to allow me to think out of
the box.

I subsequently asked if there was anything new or different regarding the
Jammeh Regime now that you find yourself on the otherside and

THE ANTI JAMMEH CAMP  in my opinion have  been very GENUINE and CONSISTENT
in their quest and commitment to denounce the status quo,  and for that one
can almost guess  the content and context of their postings and must give
them flying colors  to further perpetuate their positions.

For someone like Lekbi, I can tell you that I respect consistency more than
anything in this world, because it is what defines a person's character
irrespective of whether is good or evil and find it particularly offensive
when one suddenly appears to suffer from amnesia and refrain from practicing
what they have for years preached as it has been in your case representing
and promoting the APRC agenda to extent that the Kebba Dampha and the
Yusupha Jows have made it their daily task to debate on such issues.

You see, when I read what you disseminate now with your need to be friends
with those you have always called detractors reluctant to contribute to
national development  together with the sudden 360  degrees turn , I cannot
help but ask who LEKBI should  trust in  this debate or whether these are
opinions of convenience relative to one's present position- PRO or ANTI.

It is my opinion that these suggestions would have been more useful to the
other camp if you had offered them back in 2002 or perhaps before for
someone like me to lend ears to them and I sure that I am not alone
considering both the loud minority and silent majority I have talked about
here.

On the other hand, I do not think coming to the Post and G-L  to hint and
broadcast your intentions and current position is neither sophisticated nor
strategic because it allows your TARGET to be able to predict your tactics
even if  it is meant as a decoy .

If I allow myself to think of you as the good person you are,  which I
honestly and clearly believe you are, it would take me forever to even write
an opinion like this, but just the thought that a few months ago, you were
promoting the JAMMEH propaganda which have been riddled and claimed to have
many flaws and now your open and subversive propaganda, clearly makes me
wonder if there is anything you believe in.

It is  no news that the JAMMEH regime have yet to answer to a lot of
questions ranging from atrocities and economic mismanagement, but for me I
do not know who to trust due to the KAKATARR nature of our people. One day
they want you to indentify with thier cause, and the next day,  they want
you not to because they no longer support the ideology.  Where does this
leave me if I am a blind supporter?

Because I am at the office right now,  I have very little time to expand on
my taughts,but perhaps if time allows me, I would do so.

In the meantime, I think your efforts although perhaps genuine clearly lends
some credibility to the contention than perhaps the way you severed
relations with the APRC was not voluntary.

This is just my opinion and deductions on what I have been reading for years
and I hope you do not take it personal.

Hope to meet you in Atlanta on February 21, 2004.

STILL BEST REGARDS,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi

Atlanta