GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Isatou B Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:36:59 +0200
>It was great meeting Dr. Saine for the first time after having read his
>enlightening contributions here on Gambia-L on many occasions. The same goes
>for Mrs. Amie Bojang-Sissoho of GAMCOTRAP, Dr. Jeng, Fye Samateh, Isatou B.
>Jallow and some others I met at the seminar on FGM organized by the Gambian
>Association in Oslo last Tuesday.

Momodou Camara, it was also very nice meeting you for the first time after so
many years corresponding online.

The Gambian cultural week in Oslo ended on Saturday(4/8) after a week of
cultural activities. But the highlight of the week was the seminar on FGM due
to the two wonderful speakers we had(Dr. Saine and Mrs Amie Bojang-Sissoho).
We got lot of positive feed back from people after the seminar.

The aim of the seminar was to inform and educate people about FGM and Dr.
Saine and Mrs Amie Bojang-Sissoho were able to mediate this to the audience. A
big thank you to Dr. Saine and Mrs Amie Bojang-Sissoho.

On behalf of the Gambian Association, I would like to thank everyone who
helped make the cultural week a success.

The committee memebers of the Gambian Association in Oslo, both past and
present need to be commended for bringing together so many Gambians together,
not only Gambians in Oslo but Gambians in the diaspora as well. This is the
first time I have been in the organising committee and it's really not an easy
job. I have been wondering how they've been doing it all these years.

Isatou

Ps: Momodou Camara, can you please change my name from Isatou B. Kaira to
Isatou B. Jallow on the list. Thanx in advance