GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matarr Sajaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 00:28:24 EDT
Hello Ebrima!
       I know after everything has been said and done, you will chastise me
like you do
everyone who writes to the contrary. Personally I don't care what you call me
because I am sick and tired of reading your pompous display of intellect.
       I am not connected to the Taal family but I know Salieu Taal
personally. He is by no means a bigot and certainty not and air head. When we
criticize someone or the work of someone, we must stick to facts not insults.
      I have not seen salieu for many years now but my recollections of our
tenure in St. Augustine's high school was of a gentleman. Salieu was humble,
friendly and willing to share and associate with the humblest of us all.
Besides being a high school geek, he was also very funny. I cannot sit and
watch you baselessly crucify his character and accomplishments.
     You seem very frustrated and in need of emotional inspiration. I do not
know who you are but reading through your writing one can make the assertion
that you are a deeply troubled man. Academic intelligence and the good
command of the English language are not prerequisite for sound judgment and
insightful thinking.
     I am not by any means down playing your aggressive style in journalism.
I think all journalist In the Gambia must expose the corruption and injustice
that our people are subjected to. You must not let a personal vendetta
restrict your ability to become human.
    Finally, I want to thank you for your contributions and urge you to get
an ego reduction therapy. Lets stay away from vendettas and lets focus on the
struggle to liberate our people from tyranny.  By doing what's right for your
community, may be someday your tombstone will be inscribed with words that
best fit your legacy.
    Until next time please take care of yourself.

Sincerely,
Matarr Sajaw.